Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Have the Golden Ticket!

Two of them actually. Ok, so they are really lavender and white instead of Golden. And they aren't really to Willy Wonka's castle. They are instead two tickets to the 11:00 a.m Sunday showing of Harry Potter 5 at the IMAX theater. And I have one very happy 15 year old girl! Obviously, we don't think that HP is evil! It's just fiction, it's basically good vs. evil and good does truimph eventually. And it's a whole lot better than some of the things I see kids reading today!

It is supposed to rain again tomorrow. We made it through today without any rain, but we can't seem to get more than one day with no rain. I'd like at least 2 days in a row!

We still have a billion mosquitos, but since the yard has been populated with so many frogs I think that there are a few less mosquitos. Hopefully, anyway. We're getting kind of tired of them!

I read where Bird Flu has finally made it to this country. It's a flock of turkeys that were being readied for slaughter to be food. It was revealed in the normal testing before they are killed & processed, so it probably hasn't entered the food chain. It's also supposed to be a light version of it. But it really was just a matter of time before it got this far. Hopefully, it will be a long time before it shows up again, and especially a long time before the worse version of it hits here.

Is it Friday yet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun at the movie. Buy popcorn.
froggy

Anonymous said...

"other things I see kids reading"? what other things? noone my age reads! One guy in my class said he has never finished an actual book in his whole life!

Otter Mom said...

Yes, Otter I actually have seen kids reading besides you. You are not the only kid in the library when we go there on one of our frequent visits. But the majority of what I see kids reading is junky or not anything that you would ever read, considering that you are reading big stuff now. Like Steven King, and serious stuff!