Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thursday already? Our vacation is nearly over!

But it has been a good one, with the exception of Billyboy being sick. He's better today, the fever is nearly gone and he feels "less bad" at times. He's been parked in front of the tv most of the day, which is exactly what he needs to do. Otherwise, he would probably be up doing something he shouldn't and getting worse.

There were quite a few fireworks last night, we sat out on the deck and watched them for a long time. Otter did some of her sparklers and I even did a few. That is, when I wasn't feeding mosquitos! I'm really glad that we can buy the permit now and have fireworks legally. The city makes a boatload of $$ off of the permits, and it goes to some of the police department's programs. It works really well.

I cleaned off my craft shelves! I figure that if I haven't used it in longer than the 3 years we've lived here, I'm not going to miss it. I filled up a 30 gallon trash bag and then I have two good-sized paper grocery sacks filled with stuff to donate to Goodies or Sally's. I condensed three shelves down to 2 and could probably even get rid of more, but I decided to stop at that point. I have a few things to put on eBay as well.

A few of the things still on the shelf is stuff that was Mom's, some of her California Raisins and small stuff like that. It is not going anywhere! Eventually, I might get it packed away, I still find little things from her and Dad and they are collected in a box for now.

I've been busy today. I did all the laundry (and actually got it all put away this time as soon as it was done!), ironed all Bill's work clothes so that I don't have to do that again for a week and a half, the shelf in the garage, we took the leaf out of the table, just lots of stuff around the house. The dining room looks so big now and the table looks so small, we put the leaf in before Froggy came to visit and I'd kind of gotten used to having an oval table again. But now it's round and smaller. Sigh. Actually, it fits much better without the leaf because the china cabinet is so big.

I know I said I was going to start posting polls on here once in a while, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I might eventually though, you never know! But I will probably take the guestbook off since nobody ever signs it.

Otter just informed me that she has 15 bug bites just on her feet! Probably all mosquitos, too. Wow!

Well, I'm off to sit on my deck and read now. And probably fend off mosquitos while I'm at it. We finally found the pump for my fountain, and we got it cleaned up and running on Tuesday before everyone got here so I'm going to plug it in and enjoy the sound of running water that is not rain for once.

No comments: