Monday, September 10, 2007

I think Fall's here!

Although it's not officially until the 23rd, it feels like Fall has already arrived. The Tulsa area had somewhere around 6" of rain between Friday afternoon and Saturday. And today was off & on rain. It's still warm, but a lot cooler and might even be in the 50's by Saturday morning. The days will still be warm for a while, but the nights will start to get colder. Then it will be winter before we realize it.

I think a lot of the hummingbirds we've had lately are the migration starting. They get vicious with each other, fighting over the food! They also have come pretty close to running into me more than a few times. At least twice, there have been bumps that are actually hummers bouncing off the dining room window. I've seen it happen once, fortunately the little feathered beast was unhurt and zoomed off in the opposite direction! We've also seen several bumblebees. And one tree frog today, it was on the gate when Bill opened it this afternoon. It was still on the gate when he shut it. But I haven't seen as many "regular" frogs lately. I'm thinking that the cooler weather might have something to do with that, even with the rain we've had lately.

I talked to our leasing agent this morning. She's had several calls about the house, 2 or 3 that wanted to see it but didn't show - she says that's normal and not a high number, and she had an appointment to show it tomorrow afternoon. She thinks it will rent fast. I hope so. It's always rented very fast, this is the longest so far but it's not as long as it seems. It's just that this is the longest it's been vacant but mostly that was because of all the work we did and Bill's injury. It probably did rent extra fast the last time, I don't think it sat vacant for 2 weeks then. But that time, we just cleaned, steam cleaned the carpet instead of ripping all the carpet out, refinishing the wood floors and replacing the bedroom carpet. But I think it will be worth it, all the work we've done.

Dad's birthday would have been this coming Saturday. I think I'm going to get some blues & greens (peanut M & M's) to eat. Arby's was his big favorite, but Arby's has so much fat so I don't eat it too often. Chocolate has fat as well, but it also has some good stuff so I've decided that it's ok for me to eat it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, anyway! :)

Otter and I have a trip to the zoo scheduled for sometime this month, we have given up on planning a specific trip because the rent house has taken up so many of our weekends. But one of the next few Sundays will find us there. And she'll get extra credit in science class if she brings in a receipt from the zoo, the aquarium or from a few other science-related places. Considering how much we love animals, it's not hard to get either one of us interested in a trip to the zoo! The last time we were there was in June, when Froggy went with us. So we've overdue for anther trip to check out Otter's Otters. Or as she says, the otters haven't seen her lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are having red and greens on Saturday also. We are also going to the cemetary next week. It doesn't seem very long since Dad died.
I haven't seen any hummers in a few days. I guess they are gone until next spring.
Z00 trip- go see the neat frogs and visit the monkeys, Todles relatives. Froggy