Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday!

Froggy - if you have any title suggestions for me, please feel free to email me or comment on here. I hope you are feeling better.

Otter and I had our shopping trip yesterday. We went to the local Fenton Glass dealer, and now each of us have another piece for our collections. Otter chose an adorable blue mouse, it's painted with winter decorative details and is very cute. The one I bought for myself is a green ring holder. I was going to get a clear green one, which I'd seen the other day. But I saw a new one that I just fell in love with. It's green still, but it's not clear glass. It's called chameleon glass - it has another shade in the glass that shows up when the glass is pressed into the mold and is not always the same color each time. The 2nd color in mine is a light, whitish color. It's very unusual. I am going to post pictures in the near future of our Fenton collection.

We also went to a fun place called Accessory City, which might be a local store. It has jewelry, some shoes, purses, hair stuff, belts, a whole lot of things. For once, Otter didn't find anything! That NEVER happens. I found another pair of earrings for myself, so it wasn't a totally wasted trip. Unless you listen to Otter!

We also went to Wallyworld for groceries and while we were there, we had shoe therapy. Kiddo couldn't even find a pair of shoes she liked!

Today was quiet as usual, we spent most of the day just taking it easy and relaxing. The dogs spent quite a bit of their time snoring in the floor. Except for Frasier's frequent trips to the back yard to look up into the tree he saw a squirrel in this morning - he kept going back there and barking up into the tree. I don't think he has the slightest idea that a squirrel has escape routes out of the tree!

Tomorrow's plans have changed slightly. We originally were going to the zoo but we've decided to hold off on that. We have a good chance of rain. There is an exhibit called the Moving Wall, which is a smaller scale replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall in Washington D.C. The Moving Wall is making one stop in Oklahoma on it's current tour, it's in Broken Arrow and not to far from us at all. So we are going tomorrow afternoon. It's an the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory. The factory sits on land that they bought from a family who lost a son in Vietnam and his name is on the Wall. When the current tour was announced, Blue Bell arranged for the Wall to visit here in tribute to the son of the family they bought the land from. The specific place the Moving Wall sits in on the spot where the family home was.

It's nearly October already. We'll be glad when this year is over! It's also been 6 months since my surgery. I'm really glad that it's not 6 months ago!

No comments: