Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Some People I Know Need to Grow Up!

And they need to realize that they are not the center of the universe. And that they don't have the right to dictate how we should all think, act, live. And that other opinions are not bad things to have. And that being a bully is a very bad thing. Because quite a few of the people I'm referring to have been exactly that - bullies. (I'm not talking to my family here, I'm referring to something on a board I post on and not family related in any way).

This is for Trina, I got this in an email from a friend of mine and some of it won't necessarily apply but I thought it was timely:

"Never apologize for pursuing what makes you happy.Even if you need to quit your job,or move across country, always do what you really want.Never apologize for giving your best in a relationshipthat just didn't work out.Never apologize for being successful.Only haters want to keep you at their level.Never apologize for crying.Wear waterproof mascara and express yourself.Never apologize for being frugal.Just because you save your money instead of blowing iton the latest fashion emergency doesn't mean you're cheap.Never apologize for being a single mom.Babies are a blessing.Never apologize for treating yourself to something special.Sometimes you have to show yourself some appreciation.Never apologize for leaving an abusive relationship.Your safety should always be a priority.Never apologize for keeping the ring even if wedding bells won't chime.Never apologize for setting high standards in a relationship.You know what you can tolerate and what simply gets on your nerves.Never apologize for saying NO.Never apologize to your new friends about old friends.There's a reason she's been your girl from day one.Never apologize for ordering dessert.Or more than one dessert.Never apologize for your taste in clothes.It's your styleNever apologize for changing your mindNever apologize for being you!"ALWAYS KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!!"

And if someone else gets something out of it, then that's great.

Ok, off that particular soapbox for now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey,

Thanks for the emails and this post. And silly, I always check your blog, along with the Queens, every day, so there is no "might want to check it out" about it. lol

I posted a comment after yours on my blog about thrifting, no real need to repeat all of it here.

I like the email you sent the only line I don't necessarily agree with is this one, "Never apologize for keeping the ring even if wedding bells won't chime." I don't have to worry about that with Erik, but in my previous relationship, if he had given me a ring (as I did him), then I would have given it back because they aren't cheap and I would feel guilty about keeping it without fulfilling the promise it was suppose to stand for. I gave my previous boyfriend a ring for some occasion we had, and when we broke up he kept it - which in this case I didn't mind because 1) I didn't want it back, and 2)it had his name engraved on the inside. lol

How is Otter doing on her driving manual? If you could ask her if she has gotten to the part about blinking that would be great. I was curious about that today. I always turn the blinker on what I think is to soon just because there are always several places where I could be turning it, but isn't there a 100ft. rule or something like that? lol quiz her for me. Thanks. :D

Shara said...

Things got hairy over there, huh? Somebody doens't like my blog either. Whtever. Can't imagine what their gripe was - the post got pulled before I read it. Probably a good thing. Just let it roll off you back. Take Care!

Otter Mom said...

Yeah Shara, it got hairy. Someone was being picked on for absolutely no reason and that always makes me angry, very angry indeed to quote Marvin the Martian. The Queen was defending the person who was being mistreated, and so were a few other people. But several other people decided to get on the Bully Bandwagon and it got fairly nasty before the Queen pulled the thread. Hopefully, it's over now. But I'm kind of disgusted with several people. However, I can let bygones be bygones. As long as they are bygones.