Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Busy Wednesday, I'm ready for Friday!

And I'm also more than ready for my long weekend. It's going to be a 10 day weekend. Happy, Happy! Just wish it would hurry up and get here.

It's been busy at work this week, I've been trying to get ahead on stuff so that I won't be faced with an avalanche of work when I get back after vacation. But I'm pretty much done, the next two days will be spent putting out the last minute fires that come up. Because they always do.

We finished piling the limbs up tonight, there are two huge piles at the curb and they will probably be there for weeks. The city is going to start picking them up around the first of January, and they say that it could take them 6 weeks. Or longer. I'm betting on the longer end. Until then, we'll just watch the birds that hide in the limb piles.

Saturday is supposed to be back in the 30's, with a 70% chance of something. Depending on which tv station you watch, we could get rain or we could get snow. Either way, we're bringing in a lot of firewood Friday evening!

Frasier is snoozing at the moment. He's in the hallway, where nobody can move without stepping on or tripping over him. No idea why he's where he is, usually he's on his blanket in the living room or curled up beside me. No idea where the Magginator is at the moment, but if I had to guess I would say that she's curled up in Otter's bed! I actually had to stare at Crazy Frazy for a while, just to be sure he's breathing! He is, by the way.

Virginia said that her daughter's doctor is trying to get Sara approved for an expiremental drug that is having good results with the type of cancer Sara has. It is not a cure, Sara has an incurable form, but it could potentially buy her some time. Virginia said to tell everyone that she appreciates all the prayers.

I went to the post office today. I shipped all my Christmas boxes, and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg! The clerk also assured me that they will be where they are meant to go by Christmas. I hope so, we're normally not this late but the ice storm & related outages put everybody behind. I still have a few things to buy, but they are mostly for Otter.

Bill just told me he's going to go make cookies, so I'd better go with him. I've learned, if I'm not in there to supervise him then it looks like a flour bomb went off in about 3 seconds after he enters the kitchen!

No comments: