Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Evening

We had a wonderful Christmas! I hope that everyone else had a good day.

We woke up early, around 5:30 when the dogs were ready to be fed. Otter woke up around 6:30 and got her two "santa style" presents (unwrapped and left under the tree) - Harry Potter 5 dvd and a popcorn tin with Pirates of the Carribbean on it. Then we got into the stockings, mine and Bill's always have a bag of candy - always some type of chocolate. Otters has misc. little things and some candy. She also had coal, which I am not responsible for! Bill thought it would be funny, he found actual coal (not charcoal) at the dollar store yesterday and he bought some for her stocking. Of course, his also had coal - Otter bought a boxed coal joke gift for him weeks ago and put it in his stocking. He deserves it, by the way! :)

We opened up all our other gifts, and then we finally got around to breakfast. We watched Otter's Pirates 3 dvd, which she got from us today. She's just finished hanging up her Pirates 3 calendar over her desk. Notice a theme here?

Among other things, Bill gave me a kit to make a pair of leather moccasins which I did want. And it is perfect timing, because I'm pretty sure I have plantar fasciatis (sp?) in my left heel and the shoes are nice & soft. Otter gave me a bird house, which she decorated with sharpie markers and it's really pretty. I now have plenty of warm pj's, 2 pairs of bottoms from Froggy which are perfect because I've been wearing Bill's pj bottoms with my two sleep shirts and now he can have his back - and a top & bottom set from my Oklahoma mother-in-law. We also got a Cuisinart (sp?) ice cream/sherbet/sorbet maker from my Texas mother-in-law, which is a gift that we will be using frequently! (Froggy - it has a recipe for peppermint ice cream!) Otter got a pair of very much needed flannel pj's, several dvd's and we all got gift cards which we will be putting to use very soon. Possibly tomorrow, Otter has just about talked me into a trip to the mall (urgh!) to use two of her cards. We also still have her book shopping trip to come, which we will probably do on Thursday.

We enjoyed the day, we went to Don & Darlene's and had a great time. We ate too much, but the food was just so good... I'm still paying for the egg nog I had last night - it's not at all a recommended part of a low-fat diet. But I only have it once a year so I'm trying not to complain much.

The doggies got treats, they got two boxes of snacks and they've each had a taste of them today. Gizmo (Darlene's dog) sent them snacks and they absolutely loved them. I discovered that Maggie has indeed been taught to sit on command. But the command apparently has to include a treat! She did dance for me on request, but I'm sure that the treat in my hand probably had a big part in that as well. Happy dogs!

My overfed tummy is telling me that I need to go park myself on the couch for a while and snooze. And I'm going to take my new tan fleecy blanket with me! It's very warm and also something that I will be putting to plenty of use.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found some Silk Soynog. It tastes like the eggnog, but has lots less fat. Walmart had it. I don't know if they still have it now.

Anonymous said...

Next comment-when I come next summer we have to make peppermint ice cream. NO EXCUSES!