Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday Evening, Trees Tomorrow!

Or at least one tree tomorrow. It is supposed to be cool, but not rainy or anything. So after church, we are going to take down at least one tree. This is something I have some serious reservations about, but we all know Bill and how stubborn he can be!

So after church, I'll run up to the recycling center and drop off our stuff and then when I get home we will get started. The tree we are starting with is the one by the mailbox, right at the corner of the driveway by the street.

I gave Frasier a good brushing this morning. I was petting him and I noticed that my hand was literally covered with dog hair and that it was also flying around him. So I got the dog brush and attacked him. I have a small trash can in the living room. It is literally FULL of dog hair that came off of Frasier! And he looks like he's lost weight, he was very fluffy and now he looks nice & sleek. Of course, I then had to go change my clothes because I was covered in fur. The carpet doesn't look like it ever got vacuumed, so Otter will hit it again in the morning. I'm still amazed at how much hair came off of that dog and how different he looks. For one thing, he's a lot darker than he was before and you can really see the shepard in him. He's been brushed out before, it's not like he's never been de-furred but normally it doesn't change his appearance so much! Of course, once the Magginator saw what was happening she had to come running over for her turn. They both love to get brushed.

And I think that Frasier slept on the new flannel I put down for him. I heard him come into the bedroom sometime in the night, he kind of snorted which I think was his comment on the lack of a pillow but I think he got over that and spent at least part of the night in the bedroom because the flannel was rearranged. Poor deprived dog, he didn't get to sleep on pillows!

Other than that, it's been an uneventful day. My heel is still hurting, but it is better. I've stayed off of it as much as I could today, unlike the last few days. I don't even want to think about tomorrow's activities and how they will affect my foot! Otter is going to be helping, she'll be raking the yard and getting up all the misc. sticks that are still there. They hide under the leaves and I generally find them by tripping over them.

No comments: