Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Couple More Thoughts and it's My Last Day of Being 45!

Or as Bill puts it, the last day for 6 months that he is married to a younger woman and I'm married to an older man. For the other 6 months, we're the same age.

We've been working today. For whatever reason, the main file we keep our eBay stuff on for tax purposes decided that it wanted to delete itself. Well, not entirely - the file was still there but it was an older version that was last saved on 10/3/07. Each time we work on that file, it gets saved. But for some reason, it decided that we needed it to unsave itself. Fortunately, we haven't had a whole lot of eBay sales for the last few months so we were able to recreate most of it without much trouble. There is still a little work to go on it, but we've gotten the bulk of it done. No idea why the computer did that.

Anyway, on to my other thoughts. Bill got a really nice ice bucket & glasses set that also has the nice coasters. And it's all burnt orange with Longhorn logos! I informed him that the rule connected with all things TEXAS is that they are a) really mine or b) if he ever decides to get rid of them (which he won't) then it automatically reverts to a) really mine. And Otter thinks that there should be a c) really hers. The same rule would apply to anything A & M related, if a certain nephew of mine is interested!

We finished up my leather house shoes last night. Bill did part of them, since my dry skin was hurting my fingers each time I pulled on the lacings. They are very comfortable and my heel is much better - as long as I have them on. Which will be most of the time I'm inside. Plantar Faciatis is not fun when you don't like to wear shoes! But I'm dealing with it. And eventually, I'll be back to barefoot most of the time (another legacy of our Cherokee mother!)

We probably will attempt the mall later on. It's going to be crowded no matter what time we go, but I'm hoping that the major part of the crowd will have been and gone because all the stores are opening early for special sales. There is a Sears that is not in a mall, but it doesn't have a lot of parking and it's on the other side of town from us now. Besides, Otter has two certificates from Hot Topic stores and they are only in the mall. So I guess we'll be heading to the larger Tulsa mall sometime later on today.

Don wanted a gps, and he'd seen one at Bass Pro Shops. So everybody gave him gift cards for Bass Pro and a map so that he'd get the hint about getting himself the gps. We used an older map for wrapping paper, it came out cute and it was funny. I am just about out of wrapping paper (finally!) and was thinking of hitting Wally or Target to see if they have any left but now I'm thinking of all the other things that can be used as wrapping paper and will be fun to use. I feel a craft project coming on!

(It's now several hours later). I'm updating what I posted earlier. We did make it to the mall. Along with quite a few other people. But we were able to find a good parking spot. Otter and I left Bill in Sears, happily looking for things to hurt himself with. She and I went to Hot Topic, and they were very crowded. She found a couple of things to use part of her certificates on and we will probably go to the other mall with a Hot Topic later in the week. We went back to Sears, where Bill was waiting with the SAW BLADES he bought. Then it was my turn. I had been needing a warmer robe, since the last one a) wasn't very warm after all and b) that was 50 pounds ago. I found a nice, blue, fuzzy robe that happened to be on clearance and it was also 2 sizes smaller than the last one so I'm happy! Of course, it's also probably going to make me fully charged with static electricity so Frasier better watch out!

Otter and I went to WalMart, she has been wanting an Ipod and now with her Christmas cash and Wally gift card she has enough for one. It was an adventure, and not a fun one. They had one left of the one she wanted, and I was going to buy her an additional card for it so she could actually buy songs for it. Only problem is that WalMart's giftcard system is down nationwide. The (insert name for unsmart here) clerk sent me to Customer Service, she said that they would give me the $$ for the card (which I knew wasn't going to happen but it was worth a shot), and they told me that she'd been sending people up all afternoon and that they kept sending them back and while I was there the CS manager called electronics and yelled at her. When I went back to electronics to collect Otter, the clerk in question was nowhere in sight! They said that they would hold the item, there was a note taped to it with my name and cell phone number and it was back in the locked case as we left. We meandered around the store for a while, checked back with them a couple of times and I even called Customer Service on my cell phone but they were absolutely clueless. So we got the couple of things we wanted and went to get in line. While I was checking out, the clerk said that she'd heard the system was back up so I sent Otter back to electronics to ask and they said it was still down. I stopped by Customer Service on the way out and they said it wasn't working yet. WalMart does not have a very good track record with me, I can see someone selling the Ipod to another person even though it has the hold note taped on to it. I am going to call them later on possibly, or we'll stop by in the morning on the way to Incredible Pizza (my birthday lunch) and see if they still have it and if the system is working. And after walking around Walmart for so long, my foot is killing me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We went to Target and bought paper. I will not need any for a few years. They also had their candy on sale, so we bought some of that. Enjoy the pizza tomorrow.
Have you unwrapped yur Birthday gift from me yet. I bought it weeks ago.