Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Got a few more today!



Grey Hares. Get it?

I know I have more than I did this morning. I looked in the mirror. And it's true. And they are all Willie Boy's fault! But then, they usually are.

Today's Adventures in Bill Land involved a missed step while carrying a printer and walking down the stairs. He "only" fell a little bit, he has a few scrapes on his right arm & hand (and bandaids) and a larger scrape just below his right knee. And he's sore. But not seriously injured, which is a nice change from his usual adventures! It was at work, and they made him fill out an accident report. Which is a little extreme, until you consider that this is Bill we are dealing with here. He says he's a good boy, but we all know the truth. But, he did manage to save the printer!

I was expecting a phone call, but I thought it would be Otter because I sent her to school with a sore throat. But she was fine, however now it's smoky and I'm sure she'll react to that as well.

When I got home, after we unloaded a trunk load of groceries, Bill informed me that he thought there might be a grass fire in the field behind the house. Lovely! I went out and there was definite smoke, but no flames and the smoke was thinning out. We kept an eye on it for a while, but I've had a slight headache ever since.

Still no Christmas decorations up, but we did manage to move the sofa table and clean underneath it. I think we clogged the vacuum up, there was enough dog hair & dust bunnies (yes, grey ones) underneath it to make about 2 Frasiers! We dusted every square inch of the table, then we put it back but moved slightly so that we'll have room for the Christmas tree. I think tomorrow when I get home from work I'll get started on dragging it all down from the attic. I'll try to remember to take pictures after I get it all situated and post them on here. But the tree won't have any gifts underneath it, due to Frasier and Maggie!

Maggie has finally learned to dance without having to have her paws held! She started doing it last week, we have been working with her to redirect her from jumping up on people and I think that we are finally getting through to her. She's not the sharpest crayon in the box, but she is good natured and lots of fun. And absolutely devoted to Otter. She will start to jump up but then she remembers what to do and she will stand on her back paws, and dance. It's so cute! Frasier has never been bad about jumping up on people, which is a good thing because the couple of times he actually has started to jump up his head has been above mine! He's a big dog.

Happy late birthday, Amy! You are now 18. You know what that means, right? YOU DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOUR MOM NOW! Froggy, have fun! Yeah, I know - Otter's not too far behind Amy and my turn is coming.

Happy late birthday to Carolyn, also. For both of your birthdays! She's the only person I know who actually has two official birthdays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gray Hares-bad, bad, bad.

I have my tree up, but nothing on it. I am giving the cats some time to get used to it.