Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK!...

Next line is: I works all night and I sleeps all day. The rest of the song, well let's just say that it has some gender confusion! (I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars. I wish I was a girlie, just like my dear Papa!) It's sung by a man, by the way. Anyone who is a Monty Python addict like we are will understand why it's so darn funny.

Anyway, we took two trees down in the front yard today. Sometimes I wish that Bill was not an engineer, because then maybe he wouldn't always have to do everything himself! But no major accidents at least. Bill rammed his knee with a log, Otter got a couple of near misses with splinters and my heel is about to kill me. But all in all, it was a day without any Bill Land Adventures so we're happy. Bill and the chainsaw are not terms that go easily together!

We have so much firewood. I can't even begin to guess how much, but several cords at least. We got home from church just before noon, had lunch and then headed out to the front yard. It's just past 5:00 now, and we just now came in. Otter had a chore list, she hates those but she did all the stuff I asked her to do without complaining. Then she came out in time to watch her father playing Lumberjack and then she helped haul firewood.

I was going to do my year-end comments, but I'm just too tired tonight so they will have to wait until tomorrow. Otter will be going to her friend's house for a New Year's eve party and then spending the night over there tomorrow night. But I don't think we're going to be up to any celebrating - we'll probably be too sore to even move!

All for now, a hot shower & a couple of ibuprofen are waiting on me!

No comments: