Saturday, October 31, 2009

Boo! To You

It's Halloween. But it doesn't feel like it. Maybe because it's somewhat warm for the last day of October. Or maybe it's because of the fact that we aren't passing out candy this year. Since we had so few kids last year, and there are not very many really young ones in the neighborhood at the moment, we decided to just skip it. Of course, I still went to Walgreen's yesterday and bought us a little candy! I mean, after all, it's Halloween! Gotta have some candy!!!

We did make pizza today, which was about as festive as we got. I brought in my decorative ceramic jack-o-lanterns last night, they are on the fireplace hearth. Tomorrow, they'll get put away for another year. Along with the jack-0-lantern placemats I have. I had a pumpkin shaped ceramic container I used as a sugar bowl, but I couldn't find it. I have a sneaking suspcion that it became part of a goodwill donation a while back, but it was accidental if it did. But I can't find it, so that's probably what happened to it.

We've spent quite a bit of today running outside to the back deck frequently, to look at the sky. Specifically, at the B-17 that's in town and has been flying around all day. It's the Aluminum Overcast, the same one that was here last year. It's wonderful to see her, she is one of only 12 left in the entire world. 12!

I'll get my book list posted in the next day or so. It's not nearly as big as usual. I've had a lot to do this month, and some of the books are the big, thick kind that I love to read but haven't had much time for.

I managed to get some crocheting done today! My Walgreen's trip yesterday was actually for something in the way of a glove or bandaids for my split skin. The candy was just because I was there and it was on sale. Anyway, I wound up buying liquid bandaid. Not sure if that's the exact name. But it did the trick. It stung when I put it on first, but then it sealed up the places on my fingers and they are much better today. They still hurt if I bump them, but they don't just ache by the sheer fact of air touching them. I think it's been close to two or three weeks since I've been able to crochet. It wasn't fun.
But I'm much happier now. Just ask Billyboy!

No comments: