Friday, October 02, 2009

Surprise!

Otter and I went to the pumpkin patch this afternoon. We saw a bunch of animals and I was going to post pictures, but I think I'll wait until the next time or so because I don't have a lot of time before sunset tonight and blogger is being slow about uploading pictures. But we had a great time. We petted a lot of goats, watched the turkeys, ducks & chickens, saw the camels, looked at the cavies and spent a great deal of time watching the piggies. There were several litters of piglets, they were so cute! And there were a couple of very protective mama pigs, they watched those babies intently.
The title refers to what I found when we got home. We stopped at the grocery store for a couple of things for dinner, since I had forgotten to take any meat out of the freezer. But what we bought (sliced ham, frozen Texas toast, vegetables & Pioneer brown gravy mix) will wait until tomorrow or Sunday. Because when we were putting it all in the fridge, we discovered that Bill had been shopping. He bought bagels, Digorno pizzas (dinner tonight), a bottle of the wine I like and then Otter informed me that she'd discovered something else when she went to find Bill to let him know we were finally home.
Sitting on my desk was this:

I moved it to the table so we can all enjoy them. There is nothing in here that Otter is overtly allergic to, Bill knows what to avoid as far as she's concerned.


Here's a better shot of the entire boquet. Please excuse the fact that it's in what is essentially a large beer glass! Bill didn't know where any vases might be, and now that I think about it I'm not sure if I have any that would have been big enough anyway. One time, he used the blender to hold roses so I suppose this is a step up! Also, the beer glass/pitcher is the one remaining souvenier Bill has from the bar his dad owned when Bill was a kid so it doesn't get used very often. It would be a shame to break it, it's got a lot of sentimental value.

I'm very spoiled. And I know it. And I'm not complaining one bit.

No comments: