Saturday, October 24, 2009

Winter is Coming!

It got into the 30's last night. The high 30's, but still the 30's. So in other words, it was cold. But then, I'm usually cold from September 1 to May 31 just because of the fact that I'm a South Texan through and through.

Lots of stuff going on lately, quite a bit of it is house-related. We got the estimate on the chimney repair from the guy that came out last week. But there are a few things he said that don't quite make sense, so Bill's getting a second opinion this week. Then we'll decide what to do about it. The chimney is dirty, but we have a serious question about whether the chimney is really bad or not in terms of the work that the cleaner says it needs.

Also, Bill is going to steam clean Otter's carpet tomorrow after church. Along with the carpeted area in the first bathroom and the part of the hallway he didn't get the other day. It will be a few days before the living room, he was waiting until after the chimney cleaning and since that still hasn't happened it's going to be a few more days until he gets to the living room.

We're also still working on the rock garden. We haven't been out there in several days, I think it was Tuesday afternoon when we worked out there last. We've had a few rainy days, which is normal for this area. Tomorrow (Sunday) has a chance of rain, but that doesn't always mean anything given the talent (or lack thereof) of the local forecasters! But if it's possible, we'll be out there and it is quite possible that we'll be able to get it all done. Possible, not probable - there is a difference! So, while Billyboy is cleaning the carpets, Otter and I will be outside playing in the dirt and rocks. We'll be having a Clara moment, in other words.

And since it's Fall, I have housecleaning to do. Which means that we (Otter, that does include you) are going to be busy the next several days. I clean pretty frequently anyway, but spring and fall mean that I have to CLEAN. Yes, I know my Borg Queen side is showing.
But one thing I haven't done in way more days than I care to count is crochet. My skin is doing it's thing. There are times when I really, really hate having sensitive skin (extreme sensitive in the words of the dermatologist - like I didn't already know that) and this is one of them. Happens every Fall and winter when the air gets dry. Not fun! I go through a huge amount of lotion. Maybe I should buy stock in one of the companies that makes it! :(
Yeah, that would be a good idea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mostly I have been gone the last 3 weekends and I am so far behind on housework. Oh well, I will catch up. The CAR is finally running!!!!!

It is to wet and cold today to work outside, but soon I need to go out and weed the patio and get the back yard cut. I also want to work on the flower beds in front. I want to completely redo them and move all the rocks around. I will send pictures when I get started, and then while I work on it and finally when (if) I get finished.
Froggy