Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Delays





Well, it looks like Ragweed Season is officialy here.  It was delayed, due to the drought and the heat.  We were hoping that it wouldn't show up at all this year, but we got rain last weekend and since it only takes a teaspoonful to start it growing...

I yanked up a couple of baby ragweed plants in the back yard yesterday, and my hand immediately started itching. Even after hot water and lots of soap, it tingled for a while.  My respiratory allergies are on full alert today, and I'm afraid that they're just getting started.  I'm hoping that the late start might mean a shorter season.

But, being a TEXAN, we made chili for dinner!  Bill made the chili this time, so I'm not sure how much chili powder he used but it was a lot.  Possibly more than I usually use, but I'm not complaining.  I can at least breathe for a while.  Good stuff!

Otter's off with her girlfriends, they went shopping.  I think they went to the mall, I know that they were going to eat dinner somewhere.  I had lunch with her today, we went to ChickFilA, but I have no idea what she had for dinner.  Knowing her, it might have been ChickFilA again!

Bill ordered the part to fix the car door, it should be here in the next day or so.  I think that we'll be spending Sunday afternoon in the driveway.  I don't think it's supposed to take very long.  At least, I don't think it's going to take all day.  Most of the time is probably going to be spent taking the door apart and putting it back together.  I don't think he's going to need to use any of his power tools, either.

I'm sure he'll be so happy about that!  (Not).

No comments: