Friday, August 24, 2012

We Made it to Friday!

And not a moment too soon.  Actually, it should have already been here.  It's been that kind of a week.


Just because I thought it was funny!  (And I'm generally on the side of the misunderstood wolf.)

Otter got her textbooks today.  She actually started back on Tuesday, but we wanted to be sure that her schedule didn't change (we thought it might) so she didn't get her books until today.  $330 for books for two classes!  One of the classes required a set of two books and she got new for that one because the used books don't come with something that is required for that class.  I can't remember what it is, but the class is a technology class and deals with computer.  (It's been a long, hard week and I can't even remember my own name too well right now so I'm not even going to try to remember the name of the class!)

The parts for Bill's car repair came yesterday.  He was going to wait until Sunday to work on it, but we have a good chance of a rainy weekend (fingers crossed!) and also he was afraid that the wooden blocks might shift which would allow the window to fall and possibly shatter into a million billion pieces.  So he got right on it as soon as he got home.  It wasn't too hard, just a little tedious.

We decided to get pizza for our Friday Night Dinner.  We usually have something fun or different, as a way to start Sabbath.  Cici's had a special, three single-topping pizzas for $15.00.  I didn't even look at the coupon beyond the price, I thought it was for 3 small or possibly medium pizzas.  I should have looked, because it was for 3 large pizzas!  We're probably going to be eating pizza for the next few meals.  But it was cheap, no doubt about that!

We've decided to put the flu shots off for a few weeks.  We originally planned on getting them next Friday, but that's going to be a somewhat busy afternoon since I'll have to pick BigDog up from the vet and get him situated.  We also think that we should probably wait a few weeks for a couple of reasons:  It's probably going to be Peak Ragweed Allergy time for us and any "illness" (even allergy related) can cause a reaction to the flu shot.  Also, we got them early last year and Otter got the flu at the end of the season.  It was supposed to last longer than that and she might have gotten it anyway, but we're going to wait a little while.  Not long, just a few weeks.

I've been fighting allergies all day and so has Otter.  She texted me this afternoon that she was "pretty allergied up" and I knew exactly what she meant.  At least she can take something for hers, none of it works for me.

Glad this roller coaster week is over.  I'm going to head to the refrigerator very shortly, and then I'm going to open my bottle of wine.  The wineglass is already in the freezer, so it will be nice & chilled.  Also, I put a couple of maraschino cherries in the glass and they are freezing along with it.  Sometimes I put fruit in my wine, grapes work great and so do strawberries.  The cherries will probably work well, but they might be a tad bit on the sweet side.

Then, I think I'm going to bed early!  And I hope that I wake up to a rainy day tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

TGIF finally friday

Froggy

Anonymous said...

what about books for the rest of her classes? Froggy

Otter Mom said...

She's just taking two classes this semester. We got the books for both of them. One of them is used.

Anonymous said...

Is she going to find a job, since she is only taking 2 classes? Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Not at this point.