Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Cookies

Specifically, the chocolate chip kind!

Otter and I went to the dollar store.  They are the only place we can find a certain fudge graham cookie.  There is a package out in the deep freeze, where they are (hopefully) safe from Bill!  He'll find a few in his lunch box this week.  But he's not getting any of them until then.  However, we did buy a package of chocolate chip cookies and they are in the cookie jar.  But since Bill's already located them...

Otter got back from her vacation on Friday.  I picked her up at the airport and we got the requested Whataburger for dinner.  She had a really good trip, she got to see most of her relatives and had a lot of fun.  But then who wouldn't enjoy a week of Nana spoiling?  She went to Natural Bridge Caverns which we'd taken her to before, but it's always fun.  There was a newer section of the cave open that we haven't been to, but since they had to walk up the equivalent of 18 flights of stairs I don't see myself going there any time soon!

The dogs were so happy to see Otter when I brought her home.  Maggie especially, the beagle was overjoyed and hardly let Otter out of her sight all evening.  Yesterday, Maggie was where ever Otter happened to be nearly all day.

A while back, I had a prayer request about a decision that was being made.  The decision was Otter's.  For various reasons, she's decided to sit out at least one semester of college and look for a job.  She's been thinking about this for a while, and we think it's the right decision.  It was not a quick decision, nor was it one that she took lightly.  But we agree with her reasons and support her decision 100%.

It's been nicer the last couple of days, we still were over 100 but not much over 100.  Yesterday was in the 90's.  It was 62 in the morning yesterday, we actually got cold sitting out on the deck!  Today is warm but not overly hot, although it's a little humid.  The forecast for next week is great - there are 80's in our future!

While Otter and I were out, we also went to the library.  She needed to restock, since all her library books were turned in prior to her trip to TEXAS.  I had a few books to turn in and found a few more.

Froggy, I made your hat yesterday!  I used one of the three colors you gave me when I asked what color you wanted, and another color entirely.  I'm also going to make you a scarf, and it will match the hat.  Beyond that, I'm not telling you anything.  You'll just have to wait.  Do you want me to mail it to you, or were you planning on picking it up when y'all come see us in the fall?

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

It has been hot here too. We don't go outside much and my garden is fried. I'm looking forward to fall!

Anonymous said...

We will pick it up . We also have a lot of material that we cleaned out and we will bring that to Otter.
Glad she had a good time on her vacation.
Frgooy

Otter Mom said...

Our yard is brown & yellow & crunchy! There are some gree spots, but they are over the septic tank's leach field. The rest of the yard is really groddy.