Friday, December 28, 2012

Finally Figured it Out

I finally came up with something!  Bill kept asking me what I wanted for Christmas and my birthday, and I never could come up with anything.  I finally figured it out.  Otter and I went shopping, among other errands, and I got a pair of tennis/track/whatever shoes that I needed badly and a new calendar.  Real exciting, I know.  But I didn't really need/want anything in particular, so I decided that those are from Bill.  One's Christmas, the other is birthday.

The other thing I bought was from this company:  Just for Me and while I don't see my particular handbag on their website, I'm pretty happy with it.  It's leather, very soft leather in fact, dark blue and I'm going to carry this one for years.  It was one of those "you get what you pay for" moments and let's just say that I paid for very high quality, even with the fact that it was 30% off.  I'd been wanting a Coach bag and nearly bought one last year but changed my mind.  In hindsight, I'm glad.  Because the bag I bought today is so much nicer, and Coach bags are pretty nice to start with.  Otter also got a new purse, we were at Dillard's looking for mine and she found one she really liked.  Hers was a different brand and was a lot less than mine, but it still was not exactly Wallyworld quality OR price range.  But she takes care of her stuff and is always appreciative, so I don't mind spoiling her occasionally.  She doesn't have quite as many purses as pairs of shoes, but she's probably on her way!

We spent a couple of hours in the mall and had a good time.  Then we decided to head on to out other errands.  As we walked out of the mall, it was just starting to snow.  We had two or three other places to go to and they were all on the way home, so we went ahead with our plans and got nearly everything done.  The snow continued for a couple of hours and the flakes got pretty big, but it's quit now.  It was just barely starting to stick to the ground and street, but now I think it's pretty much done and we won't see any accumulations.  Among other stops, we went to the library (first) and a book store.  We also went to Wallyworld since I forgot Ridex when we were there the other day and we also got milk and a couple of other things while we were there.  They weren't too bad, you can never tell how people will be up here, but usually the slightest hint of a flake will send hordes scurrying into the grocery store and the shelves will be cleaned out in a matter of seconds.

One of the things I bought at Wallyworld was yarn.  Otter, my Chief Enabler, wants another hat in a specific green color and it's also going to have a pattern in black attached.  It's a character from a video game.  I think I'll probably work on it tomorrow.  The color is called Spring, but it's really what I would call Frog Green!  I've also seen some cute crocheted caps that look like frogs, so I might just have to make one.

Guess that's it for now, I'm going to play on the computer for a while and then I think I'll go join Maggie Moo.  She's in front of the fireplace, she wasn't quite up against the hearth the last time I looked but she was scooting closer.  She'll wind up with her bottom parts literally up against the rocks before too long.  Guess she doesn't want a cold hiney!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lad you found a purse that you wanted. Cookie will go outside to take a potty break, but if it is cold she will not go on the grass.
she doesn't like a cold but either.
A frog cap sounds cute. What do they look like? Froggy