Monday, December 03, 2012

It's Not Really December...

unless we've been magically transported about 500 miles south!  I saw a woman at Hobby Lobby today, wearing flip-flops and shorts.  The record temp for today was somewhere in the high 70's.  We didn't make it, but we did get to 77 so we were pretty close.

I'm used to warm winters and hot Christmas days.  I did grow up with it, after all.  But we're far enough north to actually see/feel/experience the season changes.  I prefer at least cooler temperatures in the winter.  (Just not mega blizzards like February 2011!)

Amazing  Wish I could use it, but it's got something else in it that I can't.  Merino is wool, even though it's a small amount.  I generally don't touch yarn if I don't know the content and suspect it might be wool, and then if I do find out that it has wool I have to leave it alone.  But this?  I think I'd take the chance, just to feel how soft it must be.  I can't imagine.

Yesterday morning, I might have heard Frasier making noise shortly before we got up.  I wasn't positive, it might have been him getting talky.  But it also could have been Bill, he was just barely snoring and sometimes he and the dog sound alike. (Yes, they really do!)  When we went to bed last night, I decided to give Frasier a tranquilizer pill just in case.  He wasn't noisy this morning, I think he slept pretty good actually.  :)  Tonight, when Otter and I got home I let the dogsters out in the back yard.  Maggie bounced out the door and off of the deck, then she stopped and found things in the grass to sniff.  Fraiser?  Well, he ran around the shed twice which drove the (nice) neighbor's dog nutso.  Then, he got the biggest doggie smile I've ever seen on him and he floored it.  He ran around the back yard and ran and ran and ran and ran...  I'm not sure how many times he made the circle, but he made it several times and we have a fairly big yard.  He zipped up onto the deck a couple of times, then back into the grass.  At one point, he nearly ran into the corner of the fence because he apparently forgot that he had to turn!  He recovered at what looked like the last possible second, and then he started running again.  Maggie Moo just sat in the middle of the yard and watched him.  She looked like a little toy dog with a twisty head.  After several minutes, he decided that he was ready to come in and he aimed himself at the door.  Fortunately, I was standing close enough so that I could open it for him because I really think he'd have gone all the way through it.  Maggie Moo popped right up and bounced back to the deck and in the back door.  Frasier ran to the water dish and hoovered up quite a bit.  Then, he plopped himself down in the kitchen floor right behind Otter's chair.  He looked tired, but so happy.  It was so much fun to watch him.  I don't think I'm going to medicate him tonight.  I wasn't sure if he was talking or not yesterday morning, but I didn't want to chance it and have him start over again so he got a pill.  But I think tonight he'll be fine without one.  Hope so, anyway.

No comments: