Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday, December 23, 2012

(Before I forget - Otter's fine now ,she recovered from her dental experience and the nightmare of being allergic to the pain med.  The stitches are out and the dentist was pleased with how everything looked.  She can eat real food again and she's happy!)

And it's 65 degrees!

This is the actual forecast, obviously they got today wrong, but it would still have been warmer than usual.


But, there is hope.  Look at Tuesday.  The 50% chance of something.  It's not rain, either.  This being the area that it is, the forecasters don't quite know what they are doing.  I heard a dj commenting on the radio the other morning, he said that since the forecasters were calling for a slight chance of white stuff and a small chance of it actually accumulating, we'd probably be inundated because they don't know what they are doing!  :)

We'll see.

Otter and I went to Wallyworld today.  I needed 5 or 6 things and they were all grocery related.  We decided to go shortly after we got home from church, which would have been about 10:30.  But it was actually closer to 12:30 when we got there.  The "After Church" crowd wasn't there yet, we were able to get in and get out fairly easily.  But they were getting busy as we were leaving, and judging by the way that most people were dressed I'd say that most of them came straight from church and we're glad we were there when we were.  Any later and it would have been a madhouse.

Of course, we still have to get out tomorrow.  Bill needs to take a box to UPS and he also ran out of peanuts (the edible kind, not the packing kind!) to we're probably going to run to the farm/ranch/general store where we buy them in bulk.  Probably early, and then we will also most likely go to the dollar store.  That's kind of become Otter's and my tradition on Christmas Eve, although we didn't intend for it to.  I might also need to go to Michael's - yes, I know how chaotic it will be!  But I'm working on a crochet project which is a Christmas gift - nothing like waiting until the last moment! - and I'm seriously afraid that I'm not going to have enough yarn in the specific color.  It's white, so it's one that I don't use a lot of but I do use enough of it to justify buying more.  I just didn't exactly want to go tomorrow.  I may have to, though.  Otter (my chief enabler) read the Michael's ad and informed me that they have ALL their yarn on sale. :)

No comments: