Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Not Enough Sleep Last Night!

I realized this morning that I still have "mom ears."  You know, the kind of hearing that you develop when you have children where you hear all sorts of things - even silence - and also listen for noises that nobody else would hear.  Their hearing range just isn't as good, mostly because they are not mothers.  Mom ears are related to the eyes we also get in the back of our heads when we have children.  The eyes eventually go away, but I'm not sure if mom ears ever do.  At any rate, I still have mine.  And they were active last night!  I didn't sleep well, I woke up several times and I was probably listening for Otter.  At 4:20 this morning, I was awake.

Which is how I know that Frasier was talking to me.  I don't think he woke me up, but he's getting medicated tonight just in case!  Otter probably won't need anything, other than the tylenol she's taken occasionally today.

She's much better.  Still tired, but that could be a combination of the medicine reaction and the oral surgery itself.  I made rice for her this morning, she's eaten some today and a little of her yogurt.  She had a little tea to drink this morning and has also been drinking lots of water.  I made potato soup tonight and she said it was really good.  She'll probably be ready for regular food tomorrow, just not anything wild or spicy and she still has to be careful of the incisions/stitches.  She goes back to the dentist tomorrow afternoon, hopefully the stitches will come out and everything will look good.

I talked to the pharmacist today.  Lortab is not the same as Tylenol # 3, but they both have codiene and she is apparently allergic.  Dad was and Froggy is.  I think a lot of people are and we probably shouldn't have been surprised that Otter is.  But it's one of those things that you can't find out any way other than the hard way - by taking it.  As Otter said, at least now she'll be able to write something in the "allergic to any medication" question at the doctor's office!

Today was crazy at work.  The Teenager was only there for the afternoon, but he made up for it.  As a result, I got very little done.  I didn't have much to do, but it was something that involved data entry and numbers.  I finished it, but I am not holding my breath that it's right!  It's not anything major, it's just an internal office thing so there aren't any problems with taxes, etc., if it's wrong.  I just want it to be right is all.

I braved Wallyworld tonight.  I would have preferred to skip it, but I needed a couple of grocery things so I decided to just go and get it over with.  They'll only get worse the closer it gets to Christmas, anyway.

Two more work days and then we're free for days and days!  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we will always have "mom ears". How long is your vacation?
glad Otter is better.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I'm pretty sure that they will never go away, eventually they might become grammy ears!

I'm off on vacation & holidays for a week and a half, I don't go back until Jan. 2nd. Bill's taking off the rest of that week so he won't be going back until Jan. 7th and I'm not exactly sure about Otter but her break is longer than ours.