Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I Think I Beat My Own Record This Year!

Because I had the tree and all the decorations put away by 5:00 yesterday afternoon!  Like I've said before, for me - when it's over, it's over.  The table is back to normal, the wreath is back in it's bag, the stockings & all the ornaments, small Nativity set, etc., are all put away and the tree is in the box it came out of.  The tree itself is still in the living room, I'm waiting for Bill to be physically able to help me move the tv out of the way to get the cord unplugged and then the tree just might get moved to the "donate" pile.  I"m not sure yet.

The boxes are still in the garage and not in the attic, but that's because Bill's got the cold he's been fighting and he has no business a) out in the cold garage or b) climbing into the cold attic.  And he won't let me into the attic by myself.

And since I'm showing early signs of the cold myself (gee, thanks Bill), I'm not in any particular hurry to get up there anyway.

Otter and I did get a little shopping in today.  We went to a fabric/quilting store this morning that we'd been wanting to go to but just hadn't had time until today.  It was a fun place, small but filled to the brim with some of the most beautiful fabric I've ever seen and the prices were also pretty good especially when you consider the quality.  Otter, Froggy & KN3 and the seamstresses in the family, but I do sew occasionally.  Also, since Otter is my Chief Enabler for the yarn addiction I felt like I needed to return the favor! :)  We had a couple of other places to go to but not anything spectacular, beyond Otter trading in one of her game systems at Game Exhange (name?) we didn't really find anything.  We came home for lunch and piddled around the house for a while, then we decided to go to Wallyworld since I needed batteries and paper towels.  I figured that we'd just make it into our grocery run while we were there, but we still didn't buy much because we didin't really need much.  However, we did have to get light bulbs because Otter was suddenly in the near-dark in her room this afternoon!

One of our stops was a junktique place that we love but don't get to often - Froggy, you remember the Hitching Post?  When we walked in the door, there was an odor that I first thought was natural gas.  I don't think it actually way, but it was similar.  That's when I noticed the first tickles in my throat, which I thought were just my allergy letting me know it didn't appreciate the scent of whatever it was.  But my throat never got better, usually it will go away once I'm away from whatever it is that is setting my allergies off.  We went to Wallyworld after that and we've been home for over an hour but I still have a tickly throat that is now on the verge of becoming an actual sore throat.

Bill, you better start running now!  Because I am NOT going to let a cold keep me from enjoying my birthday tomorrow.  We're going to Incredible Pizza for lunch and I intend to enjoy it.  Bill's a lot better, he's still got his cold but he's on the mend.  He will go with us for lunch but probably not anywhere else we go - I'm also not going to let a possible cold keep me from shopping/thrifting on my birthday.

Run, Billy Boy, Run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will probably take everything down on the 1st. I like having everything up. I remember the Hitching Post. Did you find anything there? The smell could have been propane. They might use it for heating.
Hope you are better.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I do think that the smell was from the heater, which might have been either propane or natural gas. I didn't find anything there, I haven't found anything all week! As of Thursday, I think I've managed to miss the cold.