Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Okay...

I think we've discovered that Otter can not take lortab, also known as tylenol # 3.  She has been sick all day, She took two doses last night, one when we got home and then one when she went to bed.  It didn't make her drowsy, so she was in her bed but awake until about 10:00 last night.  She had the laptop powered up, and the pill did seem to help the pain.  I woke her up about 7:00 this morning to check on her before I left for work, she was not feeling the best but that was mostly the results of the surgery - or so we thought.  She called me about 9:45, when she woke up and she was feeling a little nauseous but she hadn't really eaten anything beyond a little yogurt last night so she thought she was just hungry.  Sometime after that, she started throwing up.  Several times.  She was texting me to keep me updated since she didn't feel like actually talking.  After about the third time, she noticed a tiny bit of blood and that's when I decided I'd better head on home.  I was going to come home at lunch anyway, to check on her.  But I wasn't planning on staying home originally.  About the time I realized that I needed to head home, the Teenager got there and he told me that I'd better leave and not come back today - which is what I was already thinking.

I talked to the dentist and since it was a tiny amount of blood and didn't continue, she thinks it's probably from the stitches being pulled but they seem to still be there.  Also, there wasn't any bleeding later on.  We have to watch for dry socket, but that's more of a general concern because she was throwing up and not that we expect it.  She can take plain tylenol, which is probably what she'll do.  Just not # 3.  Ever, I think.  She had a long shower and then she decided to take a nap.  That was around noon, she slept most of the afternoon and is still in bed although I think she's woken up a couple of times.  It's after 6:00 p.m. now.  We're keeping an eye on her, obviously.  At this point, she doesn't need to go back to the dentist until Thursday but that may change at least if the stitches come out.

I'm really glad now that I changed Otter's appointment, it was originally set for tomorrow afternoon but I was afraid that she might have a reaction or problem and it would be when the dentist was out of the office on Friday.

Since I was home today, I did a few things around the house that I'd been meaning to get to.  Otter napped all afternoon, I dusted!  And fought cobwebs, cleaned a couple of things out of the coat closet, did a couple of loads of laundry, ironed, swept and also attacked the dryer's interior lint trap - which was loaded!  When Bill got home, he cleaned the ceiling fan (I couldn't reach it but I did try) and then I ran to Subway for dinner for the two of us.  Otter's mashed potatos may be potato soup instead, but it'll be tomorrow whichever way we have it.

I think Bill's cleaning the fireplace.  I was going to do it and had started, but then he ordered me out of the way.  :)

I did not get any crochet done today, but I really need to get on that tonight since I've got two Christmas presents in progress.  I might work on that this evening.

No comments: