Sunday, December 30, 2012

Frog Hats & Cold Attics!

First things first:  Froggy asked about a frog cap.  They are similar to the sock monkey in terms of construction, I'll see if I can find a picture.  They are a bright green, frogs have round eyes and they don't have the ears that a sock monkey has but the eyes are in the same spot as the ears on a sock monkey although they might be a little closer together.  I've seem a few different ones I like, I'm just not sure which one I'm going to make.  If I do make one, that is.  (I probably will and probably more than one, since I'm sure Froggy will want one).

This is the one I like the most, but there are a few other styles:



Mine will be slightly different than this one, and I'm also not sure how I'll do the mouth.  I've also seen a couple that have the tongue sticking out.  I don't think I like the pink cheeks, either.  But this is a general idea of what most of them look like.

I've just come down from the attic, where I stored all the Christmas stuff.  I didn't let Bill get up there with me, he's still getting over the cold bug he had and the temperature is below arctic up there.  It is actually in the very low 40's but we don't have a breeze so it's not so bad.  We spent most of yesterday in front of the fireplace, and I was right - Maggie did spend most of her time napping and her behind parts were right up against the rocks!

Our pastor informed the congregation today that there have been two water line breaks in the last couple of days, both on the church side of the property and not the city side.  There have been a few in other places lately, I think it's a combination of the extremely dry weather and the length of time that it was below freezing.  The actual sermon was good, but I didn't pay all that much attention to Pastor Dave.  Instead, I kept my eyes closed and waited for the flashing lights to go away - the ones that always come before a migraine!

The back yard has been full of sparrows off & on today.  The dogs have been let out a few times, with the idea being that they get some excercise.  They run alright.  Right to the bird feeders!  Then they proceed to hoover up any stray seed they can find.  And they do not want to come back in, even though they are obviously cold.  Silly babies.

Only two more days off after today.  For me, anyway.  Back to work on Wednesday!  At least it will be a shorter work week.

I don't do New Year's resolutions, and we don't usually have black-eyed peas either.  I'm probably making beans and cornbread, which I've made on New Years before but not every year.  Mostly, I'm planning it on Wednesday because I'll actually have time to make it.  Beans take a while to cook.  Otter and I are probably going to Goodwill tomorrow, we never have gotten there to donate all the stuff that's been in the trunk of my car for several days.  Like over a week, I think!  We might also go to Big Lots and/or Michael's tomorrow, then Wednesday is probably going to be a lazy day.  Or at least stay-at-home day.  Mostly.

OK, off to find my motrin again!  I was going to do my year-end blog, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the frog cap is cute, but I agree that the pink checks need to go. I would like the tongue sticking out. Just so you know when you make me one.

I don't do new years resolutions except I have one that I am listing: getting my teeth pulled out and dentures put in!
Froggy