Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Adventures in Bill Land Part 23423403450

See Tuesday, October 17, 2006's entry for Part One of Adventures in Bill Land. With a few minor changes, today's will be the same thing!

Bill was at the rent house, about 1:45 he calls me and asks me to call his dad to come back to the rent house for "an emergency." Scary words. So I call his dad and then call Bill back, seems he was loading the trailer with carpet and the weld on the trailer stand picked that moment to break. When it broke, the tongue fell sideways. RIGHT INTO THE BACK OF HIS RIGHT ANKLE! His dad took him to the ER, Otter and I met them there. The doctor was concerned about a break, the x-ray doesn't show anything but he said to watch it for a few days because sometimes small breaks in that area don't show up at first but that it probably is not broken. He has at least 8 stitches, I kind of lost count. There are two gashes, one of them is very deep - I could see the achilles tendon, that's how deep it is. The tendon is ok, it just barely missed it. But Bill's out of commission for a few days. He is on crutches, and I specifically asked the doctor about what Bill could NOT do, just so there are no misunderstandings (also known as bullheadedness). He has pain pills, and as soon as the DiGiorno pizzas are out of the oven he's going to take a pill or two and then go to bed.

The rent house is nearly through, they got the french doors in this morning and most of the carpet & pad pulled up. The floor man came and gave us an estimate on refinishing the floors, we will probably go that route. The kitchen has a small area that needs to be painted and mostly it will just need cleaning. But it's going to wait a day or so.

Urgh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Bill did not break his ankle. From personal experience no one should ever break their ankle. Make him do what the dr. says. (I know that's not easy) Ankles are to important to mess around with.
I will be careful when outside. Today we are cleaning up our trash can area. I will have a shovel with me for snakie things.Froggy