Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday, Bill Update

The stitches are gone! Bill saw the doctor this afternoon. She took the stitches out, there were only 4 and not 8 like I thought. But now there are none, so he's in a much better mood. He is still on light duty tomorrow, but Monday it's back to his regular job and hours. Light duty is at a different place than he usually works and the hours are later. But she did tell him that he can not mow the lawn yet. So I guess I still get to do that. Darn!

When all was said and done concerning the rent house & our tenant, even though he did clean before he left we still wound up deducting over $450.00 from his $750.00 deposit. Mostly because he was smoking inside, which was strictly forbidden by the lease, and the result was that both living room curtains have been tossed & replaced with mini blinds for one window and vertical blinds for the other, and the bathroom and both bedroom walls had to be treated and then painted - with several coats - to get the smell out. There were a few other issues, but those were the biggies. He might be upset when he gets the check, but I don't really care. He had the opportunity to be there for a walk-through but he chose not to be and he also did not return the keys. If he just hadn't smoked inside, he would have gotten most of the deposit back.

Otter joined the History Club at school. The first meeting was today, she really enjoyed it. A possible field trip is to a Civil War battle site that is just over the border into Arkansas. I think she said it's called Pease Field but I'm not sure if that's right or not. That will be in the spring, if it happens. It's also one I'll be going on. The other option if that doesn't work out is Oklahoma City, to the Cowboy Museum and the OKC Bombing Memorial. Also one I'll go on. They have plans to have a veteran's panel sometime in November, and parents will be invited to that as well. And they do a whole bunch of other stuff. I think she's going to have a good time and learn a lot, since she's her parent's daughter she loves History! Which is a good thing, because I would think it would be really boring to be the daughter of two big-time history buffs and not be one herself! But she is one, so no worries there at least.

I filled up two of my hummingbird feeders yesterday, they were bone dry and the birds were not happy! Now they have all 4 feeders filled so they have plenty to argue over. Although that doesn't stop them from occasionally strafing us! We have about 5 or 6 hummers. And they are mean little birdies! But I still love to watch them. I might add a few more feeders to my collection next year, and put them in different places around the yard - in addition to the ones I have already.

No comments: