Sunday, August 26, 2007

We're Floored!

Or at least the rent house is. The floors look wonderful! Wish we'd had them restored when we still lived there. Of course, we would have probably had to rent a storage for a week and put literally everything we owned in it! :) The floors are outstanding, I knew that the floor guy did good work but even then, I was surprised at how great they turned out. We put quarter-round wood trim in all the rooms that had hardwood floors, since the previous trim pieces were slightly higher than the floor now as they were installed with carpet. That took quite a bit of time today, since Bill had to measure and cut each piece individually. He stained them Friday and then last night we went back over there after sundown, and put on clear coat so that they would have time to dry for today's installation. We also did most of the cleaning, not the floors yet but everything else. The floors that still need cleaning are the kitchen & bathroom. Bill still has to install the mini blinds & vertical blind - he forgot his drill so they will wait a day or so. And the front porch isn't quite finished, it needs another coat of paint and the railing to be put back up. We still need to carpet the master bedroom but that is about it for the big things. We are very close to being ready to rent it again.

Otter will be getting her own blog in the near future, I'm not sure if I will post a link here or if she'll just email the address to everyone. Sometime in the next few days, most likely.

There was something else I wanted to say, but I forgot! Blame it on being tired. If I think of it later, I'll edit and add it on. But don't hold your breath!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

getting forgetful in your "old" age?
Glad the rental is almost done.
Older but not forgetful (if I am forgetful, I don't remember it) froggy