Friday, August 03, 2007

Tax Free Shopping Weekend

We shopped. We dropped, too. Sore feet!

We went to Penney's first, they had a sale where one junior blouse was regular price and the second one was $1.00. Otter found two blouses there. We went to Wal Mart and found her several other basic things, she'd be embarassed if I mentioned them here so I won't. But you get the idea! We went to an Army surplus store to find Bill more wool socks, but they were out of the ones he likes. So we went to Goodwill and for once found NOTHING there. That never happens. Then we went to another WalMart and found me a pair of jeans that are 2 sizes smaller than the ones I bought in December. Happy Happy Joy Joy! But we never found jeans for Otter. The sales tax holiday goes through Sunday, so if we get finished early enough at the rent house we might possibly go back to Penney's since we never looked there for jeans as we knew we were going to Wallyworld. We did find her a pair of tennis shoes, and laces for another pair of shoes - the laces were also tax free which struck me as strange. But I'm not complaining!

My puppy Frasier keeps coming in to see what I'm doing. When he wants to be petted, he will push my hand away from the keyboard with his head. And he won't take no for an answer, so I have frequent stops as I type this. He's such an affectionate pooch. I'm very glad that we got him and that we have been able to keep him in the yard with the electric fence.

Just a few more days left of Summer break for Otter. She goes back to school next Thursday. Already! Seems like school just got out a few days ago. I think she's enjoyed her summer, she had two trips (camp and TEXAS), and two visits by relatives. June just flew by. And now July is gone. Fall is really not that far away, although we still have some warm weather in the near future. But it's time to start thinking about colder weather.

Well, Frasier wants my undivided attention now.

No comments: