Monday, August 20, 2007

Monday already? Where'd the weekend go?

It was here a minute ago. I wasn't ready for the week to start and it to be Monday already.

We had rain yesterday, courtesy of TS Erin, so we didn't get the outside stuff done at the rent house. Not that I'm complaining, I really wasn't in the mood to climb a ladder and paint window frames! We literally crawled around on the floors (my knees still hurt!), looking for stray carpet nails. We found a few that we missed so we pulled them. We found a few that we missed that would not come out for anything, so we left them. Bill finished painting the kitchen, changed out the rest of the inner door knobs that needed it, pulled the linoleum tiles up from the hallway floor and we did a few misc. things that I can't remember. Only two trips to Lowe's this time, usually we make about 4 per day. We brought all the cleaning stuff & tools home, the big stuff like the vertical blinds are in the garage at the rent house. The floor guy started today, Bill checked on him at lunch and he said that the plywood spot is going to match so perfectly that we won't be able to tell where it was. The plan for now is that we'll be back over there next Sunday so I can do the actual cleaning. Bill is going to go over there after work during the week to check the floor progress, and since we can get into the master bedroom without getting in the way he might go ahead and get the curtains installed on the french doors. We still have to get the carpet for the master bedroom, but that will wait until after the floors are finished. And somewhere in here, I have to find the time to mow the yard at home!

There was bad weather in Oklahoma yesterday, still from TS Erin. It was well south and southeast of us, but there was flooding & several people drowned. Oklahoma had already been warned that there would be a lot of rain, but I don't think anyone expected it to be quite as bad as it was in a couple of areas. Really bad, like the bad stuff we get in the Spring.

Maggie now dances whenever I ask her to. She did it three times when I got home, she's so cute! Frasier was more interested in his chewbone, but he does come in here when I'm typing and try to put his head on the keyboard. Silly dog, he thinks all my attention should be on him! They are very spoiled, that goes without saying. But that is how it is supposed to be!

The low tire I had turned out to be a nail in it. I got it fixed when I got my oil changed today, and I also got the front blinker bulb replaced since it quit as well.

Interesting article: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA082007.01B.counting_bats.337300a.html
Bats are our friends! We haven't seen anymore since the one a week or so ago. I can't tell if our bat house has residents or not, it's too high up to see into clearly. But it could well have occupants. Hope so!

No comments: