Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Stuff & Bill Update

Bill is much better, he's still taking it easy as far as his ankle is concerned, he's only been on his feet a few times today. Mostly, he's been parked in front of the computer or on the couch with the remote control in his hand. I informed him today that I will handle the mowing of the lawn on Sunday. I just haven't told Otter yet that she'll be helping! Among other things, she gets pooper-scooper detail to get the dog's yard cleaned up.

Bill should be well able to go back to work on Monday, but I don't think he's going to church on Sunday. Otter and I will go without him this week. He really wants to be there because our minister should be back on Sunday, the first time since the cancer diagnosis and we all want to show support. But I think it's better for Bill to stay home, since we are on our feet a lot at church and he has that deep gouge on his right leg just above his ankle.

The doves have flown the nest! We have been watching the last couple of days, and they are definetely leaving and returning. So we're satisfied that mama dove did not become a cat snack. We've enjoyed watching them. I haven't seen too many hummingbirds lately, though. My feeders are a little less full than they were the other day, but they haven't had too many customers. But I did finally get to see the oriole that has been visiting the hummingbird feeders occasionally.

But my bluebonnets are more than making up for the lack of hummers! They are lasting much, much longer than they do in their natural environment. There are still quite a few buds and blooms, and they are both forming seed pods and new blooms. I'm not complaining, I'm just enjoying them as long as I have them. They really are gorgeous flowers. We probably missed them almost as much as we missed family when we first moved to NE OK.

Froggy, Otter says that she wants to go to the zoo with you when she's in SA in July and also that she'd like to go shopping. Which is about what I expected her to say!

Also Froggy, did you get your latest Birds & Blooms magazine? Mine came this week but I haven't had time to do anything other than take it out of the plastic package. It's the annual hummingbirds issue!

I'm not sure what is up with the dogs today. They remind me of a couple of two-year old kids and they have hardly let me out of their sight! Usually, Frasier will be nearby and Maggie will generally be in the same room as Otter. But today they are both clinging to me. Frasier even followed me into the bathroom! When he wasn't trying to trip me by walking under my feet, Maggie was trying to get in my way. They eventually quit being quite so close to me, but I never did figure out what they were up to! Although they did come running back to me when I was making a sandwich for Bill - but that was just because they saw the lettuce container as I was taking it out of the fridge. Lettuce is about their all-time favorite snack. They only get a little bit once in a while, since it can upset their tummies and we really don't want to go there, but they act like it's heaven on earth if they get a piece of lettuce. Or an ice cube.

Only one more day of school! Otter's last day is Monday. Finals started today. She had science, language (literature) and spanish. Monday will be math, art and OK history. Then I think I'll let her sleep in on Tuesday and have a lazy day. However, on Wednesday she'll have a list of chores to accomplish before I get home from work! :) Then Thursday she'll go with me to work and then to the dentist after work. Friday is to be determined sometime next week. She'll get lots of goof-off time during the summer, although she probably thinks she gets worked like an unpaid slave! Well, maybe some of the time she does!

1 comment:

Jan said...

School's out already! Wow!
I can't believe it! Where has the year gone?
My dogs do the same thing sometimes. They all decide at once that I'm their favorite human and they all MUST be as close as possible at the same time! Right now they're all laying around in a night little circle, like I might try to escape the room without them!
Jan