Monday, May 19, 2008

We Survived 9th Grade!

Today was the last day of school for Otter. She's now officially a sophmore. She said it still almost feels like the school year has just started, it seemed to go so fast. She's right, it was quick. Most of the local districts are still in, hers was about the first one to finish up. Not that she's complaining!

Otter gets to sleep in tomorrow, the first day of summer break will be a goof-off day for her. I'll wake her up when I leave for work so she knows I'm gone, but then she can go back to sleep if she wants to. And she probably will want to. Then she'll probably spend a lot of time on the couch with the remote control in her hand and a beagle at her feet. Wednesday will be a chore day, then Thursday she goes to work with me and to the dentist.

We managed to get the back yard mowed yesterday, with a little interference I mean help from Bill. I got somewhat ticked off at him, he wasn't supposed to be doing anything like that yet and as if that's not enough - HE WAS OUTSIDE IN THE SUN WITHOUT A CAP! Just a few days after having two holes cut in his face, and I let him have it about that. He did insist on mowing a little bit, but he didn't do too much. But he is still in the doghouse over it.

Our pastor was back at church yesterday. He looks great, he seems to have a good attitude about everything. They don't have their game plan yet, as far as treatment goes. We had a laying-on-of-hands prayer for him, and he was really touched by it.

There was also a laying-on-of-hands prayer at the end of the service for the youth leader. He is going off on a mission. We've been told that it is very dangerous, he will be with Special Forces soldiers (who won't be armed) and that it is in an area where even admitting to Christianity can be deadly. And that he had a 26 hour flight to get there. He'll be gone for 10 days. That is enough to make anyone worry! So along with prayers for Pastor David, remember a young guy named Wes who is going into harm's way to spread the word of God. After he returns, and we do believe that God will bring him back to us, he'll be able to tell us where he was.

Church was very emotional yesterday!

Otter and I also went to a thrift store, she found a pair of shoes and another tank top. I found a tiny, blue glass bucket that I've turned into a toothpick holder. For someone who doesn't intent to collect toothpick holders, I certainly seem to have a lot of them! But I think I'm going to stop where I am, I don't want anymore. Unless I find another Fenton, but that's different. You can never have too much Fenton!

Froggy, you were asking about Keystone Dam. Here's your homework assignment: Get your OK map out! See if you can find it. There will be a test on this later. :) It's not hard to find, this is NE Oklahoma after all and everything is right next to everything else!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found Keystone Lake. Is the dam there?
Froggy