Friday, May 02, 2008

Twisty Weather and Other Fun Stuff

We had some twisty stuff in OK last night. But not in our direct area. We could have easily gotten it, but the storms that started out in western Oklahoma went more north so we just got some thunder in the middle of the night and a little rain. It was very windy all day yesterday, and I had to put my patio furniture back in place this morning. I also had to refill a hummingbird feeder and clean the window it's hanging in front of, because the wind blew the feeder so hard that all the food sprayed out onto the window. I also had to adjust the straps holding the new oak tree in place, it was kind of leaning to one side. The straps probably kept it from falling over, the wind was so strong.

Yesterday's forecast was for very warm and windy, which is exactly what it was. We had a good chance of storms, and they were expected to be the bad stuff that this area is known for if they developed. Some did develop, but like I said before, it went north instead of northeast (which is what they usually do) so it missed us. For those of you who know where Hominy is (Dad grew up there), the main tornadic stuff was west of there and then north. It was mostly in rural areas, so there is damage but no loss of life. However, after the storms left Oklahoma they did a lot more damage and there have been some deaths.

Today was very pretty, nicely warm but not too hot and just a little windy at times. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, I intend to spend a great deal of it outside on the deck - hopefully watching hummingbirds! Otter and I went to the library after work/school today, so we have plenty of books to keep us occupied tomorrow. I also rented a movie, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. It's got a sock monkey in it, it has to be good! :)

It's been a busy week. I have been to three thrift stores and found a few things, including a really cute purse for $3.99 and a couple of glass things. There was a yard sale in the neighborhood yesterday where I found a few more glass things and also some fabric. Otter found a bunch of fabric there. Bill had some vacation time he needed to use, so he was off Monday through Wednesday. I think that the dogs have slept most of the week away, but then they usually do that. Right now, they are parked in the floor right in the middle of the office. Snoozing.

I guess I'll post this now and see if my creaky, aching knees will make it all the way to the kitchen! No idea why they are bothering me so much today, the left one frequently hurts but this time it's both and they are about to kill me. Which is just one more reason that I'm glad today is Friday and I don't have to go anywhere or do anything tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Eric was going through Oklahoma last night and staying in Oklahoma City. He called telling me all about the weather. Being from the Midwest, I'm used to that kind of stuff but he's from NJ and just didn't grow up with tornadoes like I did. Thankfully there was no damage where he was. And thankfully too, you stayed out of harm's way!

Jan