Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One Problem Solved!

Specifically, the problem of Bill's van. The one that gets, oh maybe 10 miles to the gallon. If it has a tailwind. And if it's going downhill. He just bought a replacement vehicle. It's a '98 Chevy Cavalier, and it's a little smaller than my Impala. But it should get better gas mileage, and that's what he was after. When we bought the van, we needed the cargo space since we were hot & heavy with eBay. But we don't need that now and we also live a lot further from his work. We won't actually get the new one until tomorrow, the guy has to get the new license tags since he let them expire and then he'll meet us at the bank to get all the details finalized. All we basically have to do is sign on the dotted line at the bank and then I write the guy a check. I talked to the bank today and everything has been approved as far as the loan goes. It's not a big loan and the payments will most likely be under $100.00 so I'm not going to gripe! And we'll probably pay it off pretty quickly, the minimum the bank would do is a 3-year note but with a payment that low we'll probably pay it off sooner.

Oh, one more thing. It's a convertible. For the man who has frequent skin cancers removed off of his face (and elsewhere), from all that sun exposure in the past. But it's probably the only convertible that will likely never, ever have the top down! But the price was right, so I'm not too concerned. I'm sure that the top will be down at least once - Otter gets to have a ride in it with the top down (she's already informed me of that fact). But other than that, the top will mostly be up. We get a lot of rain in this area, which is another reason that the top will mostly be up.

But I think that the most important thing is that this is going to be Bill's new car - not mine. He had this idea a while back that we needed to buy me a new car and then he'd take my Impala. But I didn't really like that idea, I like my car and I don't want to replace it! It has a lot of miles, but it's in good shape and I don't want a new one! If it ain't broke... When we talked about replacing mine, I did look at a few and I found a couple that I liked. The Toyota Camry was one, the newer Impalas are another although I don't like them nearly as much as my current one. But I never really wanted to replace my car in the first place. This way, I won't have to!

Besides, all the new cars seem to be small. I don't like small cars. They are not safe, for one thing. I remember when Impalas used to be muscle cars, that's the size car I prefer. Don't see too many of them anymore, and with gas prices they are even rarer. (No gas price comments please, I work for an oil company and don't share most people's opinions!).

Otter had a nice, relaxing day at home today. She slept until about 7:45, she watched a few movies on tv and she spent a little time out in the garage at her craft desk. She's back out there now, she has the crafting bug big time. Well, that one is like red hair - she couldn't miss either of those, considering who her parents are.

I saw a report that Teddy Kennedy has a malignent brain tumor. I'm not a fan of his, but this is something that really has nothing to do with politics. I wish him and his family the best, they have a rough road ahead of them. They will be in my prayers. That family has had so much happen to them, they have seen so much tragedy.

Yes, Froggy - the dam is at Keystone. I'm not sure exactly where but I think it's either on the south or west side of the lake. If we do head that direction when you visit, be warned: It will most likely be a Toadly trip! In other words, we will possibly/probably get lost. Just so you know. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get lost, I have adventures. Froggy

Jan said...

I had a 1996 Cavalier..but not a convertible! I loved that little car! I miss it alot. On those really hot summer nights you will love putting the top down! So much fun and no worries about sun!!Amanda had a Mustang convertible and we used to ride around alot at night with the top down. Have fun!!

Jan