Sunday, May 25, 2008

We're Going to Have a Hot Summer

Or as I like to call it, a Texas Summer! I haven't heard any official predictions, I'm just guessing because it is already warm. We've had 90's a couple of times, early to mid-May is pretty early. Last summer was wet and cool, I guess we'll make up for it this year. I hope it's not hot & dry!

Bill's not going to help his dad with the golf cart after all. Don had a change of plans and I am glad, because Bill really has NO business being out in the sun with the recent skin cancer removals. Bill never told his father that he was going to have more removed, by the way. The lab called last week, they were "normal" skin cancers. Which means that they were the lightest of the three types. That's a good thing. He's had some intermediate ones before, which is not good because they can turn into the bad kind if they get ignored long enough. We don't want that.

Did anybody read today's Dilbert cartoon? It's so perfectly Bill! I've said all along, engineers are not like the rest of us! They simply don't think the same way most people do. Today's cartoon is a very good example, and it's also one Otter and I cut out for our bulletin board in the laundry room. Engineers just aren't normal! :)

We did manage to get the front yard mowed this morning. Then we decided to finish tomorrow with the back yard. It was getting pretty warm. Of course, we didn't get out there until around noon. Probably has a lot to do with it. Bill put the sprinkler out in the front yard and it promptly broke. So we had to go to Lowe's to get another one. It's never hard to get Bill to go to Lowe's, I honestly think he would live there if they would let him.

Otter and I went to a thrift store this afternoon. I found a skirt and a book, she found a skirt, jeans and blouse. She also found several more Stephen King books and a pair of shoes. Her jeans were the day's magic number so they were 50% off. I had a 50% off coupon for one clothing item, and I had another coupon I couldn't use so I gave it to the people in line behind me. I hate to see those coupons go to waste.

And I now have a matching set of salt & pepper shakers again - the last salt shaker met an unfortunate end when Otter dropped it! They also had the matching pepper shaker, I figured that I'd better buy it while I could find it - Otter is still in a clumsy phase by her own admission. I remember those teenage days myself. I also remember a certain sister of mine knocking over a glass of water 3 times in a row! And she was well past the teenage years at the time. (I'm going to pay for that, I know).

I'm working on a craft idea. It involves tea cups and some type of a post, possibly a piece of rebar. It's an idea I have for a birdfeeder. I'm not sure if I'm actually going to construct it or not, but I have the resident engineer thinking about how it could be built. If, and that's a very big if, I actually get it made I will post a picture. But I'm not sure yet, it's still in the planning stages - also known as Bill trying to think of ways that it won't work and coming up with a better way. He is an engineer, after all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Payback is so sweet.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Payback for which part of the blog entry?

Anonymous said...

For the cracks about my knocking over 3 glasses of water and not being a teenager at the time.
Froggy