Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Chocolate

Yeah, I know it's not a spice or a condiment. But it is Valentine's Day and I like chocolate. A lot. A LOT. I've had some today, in fact.

I woke up Saturday morning feeling good so I don't think I am going to come down with the bug. I have had allergy symptoms off and on but just the normal stuff. Normal for me, anyway. Otter is better but she still has a lot of congestion. She's off from school tomorrow, so she has another day to recuperate.

She said she was feeling housebound, so she went with me/us when we ran an errand while ago. But she wasn't out long. However, she said it was long enough and she was just happy to get out of the house. She had her inhaler handy and lots of kleenex. I think it did her good to get out for a while.

We woke up to falling snow this morning. It didn't last, it's all gone now. But it was pretty. I refilled 3 of the 5 birdfeeders and there have been several birds visiting them. It's supposed to be cold this coming week, I think.

Our romantic Valentine's meal consisted of hot dogs. I hardly ever eat them, they are not on my list of approved food but every once in a while I'll have one. Bill and Otter wanted to roast them in the fireplace, so we did that today. They still needed to be zapped in the microwave, but they had the flavor they get when roasted. It was pretty good, but I probably won't have another one for months. I do buy the beef ones, but they still aren't healthy. Just tasty!

I've finally decided on a project for some of my new yarns. I found a pattern for a wrap style shawl, I started it last night. It's turning out very well and I think I'm going to like it. I am making it in two colors, both shades of green. I had 2 of a grass green color in the clearance yarn I got last week but I wasn't sure if two would be enough. I decided to alternate colors, so we stopped at Michael's today and I bought another of the same green plus three of a lighter shade. I'll eventually get it finished and pictures posted. I don't think it will take me very long, but I am making myself take breaks frequently because I don't want my arms, hands & neck to get so stiff I can't use them. My skin was pretty bad earlier in the week, but lots of lotion and tlc has improved it. I have to really watch it while I crochet, the yarn can absorb skin oil fast and that's usually the beginning of a bad spell with my skin.

The wrap shawl will probably be what I take to Church with me. I get cold very easily, and if we go to the theater (even in the summer) I have to take a jacket. Our church building is fairly new, but I like to freeze in there every Sunday. Even when the heater is on! I'd been looking for something like this to use for warmth and I came across a pattern yesterday when I was looking through my stash. (Redhead trivia: we get cold easily. It has to do with our thin blood and usually lack of iron that is also a redhead fact of life). (Oh and Like To is an accepted expression in Texasspeak. It means Nearly).

I've lost count of how many Pachinko machines Bill has. But he added another one to his collection Friday. I'm thinking he's close to a dozen. But that's just a guess, he could well have more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

got the second block of my Texas quilt. This one has an armadillo and cactus.
My valentine dinner was fancy cheese, steamed artichoke and good crackers.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

So when am I going to see pictures?

Steamed artichokes sound so good, but nobody else in my house eats them so I don't have them very often.