Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Jalepenos **Edited**

Today's title was inspired by Bill. He's a hot pepper kind of guy.

It's raining today. It has been since early this morning. It's the nice slow kind that we need. It's also pretty cool and the rain makes it feel cold. But it's nice.

We've been running errands today. Well, actually we ran Bill errands which means pachinko hunting. He wanted to go to an estate sale that had two advertised, they had one left today but it was $100.00 and that is about 4 times what it was really worth. So it didn't come home with us. But he's got 12, so he's not about to go into withdrawl. He's looking for something specific, he needs to replace the playing field on one of his machines and he was thinking contact paper or wallpaper might work. However, they are very hard to find these days. They are both out there, but in very limited styles/colors. We went to several small stores that might have things like that and he did find some, but not what he wanted. We also went to a Goodwill, but nobody had any luck there. The only money that was spent was on sandwiches at a convenience store and Otter had to get hamster food at Petsmart. But we had a good time. **We went to Target and Bill found some contact paper that will work, at least that he can experiment with. I'll update later on his progress.

We made it to Church today! First time in 2 weeks, we had assorted illnesses to deal with that kept us home. But we got there this morning and it was really nice. Just cold! But I always get cold. I took a jacket with me today, I'm working on my wrap shawl but I have another project I have to get finished with first.

Otter wants me to crochet her a pillow cover, so that makes 3 projects including my wrap. No, there are 4 - I forgot about another one I have planned. They are still secrets, all will be revealed later but they are all crochet.

I have solved my skin problem, at least as far as crochet is concerned. I bought a box of latex gloves and they worked beautifully. I was afraid that the yarn would tear the gloves, but they seem to be strong enough to hold up to it. And, best of all, they protect my skin! I have a lot of allergies, but latex is not one of them.
We've been watching the Olympics some this week. We've enjoyed what we have been able to see. I think I prefer the winter Olympics to the summer. But they are both enjoyable.
Name Change: FutureJediMom will be referred to from here on out as JediMom. It's easier and shorter, and it's what she uses. Froggy is still Froggy, Toadly is still Toadly, Otter is still Otter, Bill is still Bill. And I'm still Ottermom. Or Borg Queen, either is appropriate.

No comments: