Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Clutter

Or de-cluttering, actually.  It's a Borg Queen Day!

Otter hates Borg Queen Days.  Especially when she asked me what I wanted her to do about her desk and I said for her to Borg Queen it.  :)  She was not amused, but she did get her desk cleaned off.  I did the same thing to mine and also dusted, filed a bunch of stuff and hung the yardstick shadow box on the wall above my desk.

Since it's Sunday, we're doing laundry along with the cleaning/decluttering.  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate doing laundry?  (Many times, I know).

Among the de-cluttering, I got into the closet in the office.  The office is the third bedroom, where we all have desks and computers.  The closet has two tall plastic shelf units on either side, both are 5 shelves.  One is Bill's and one is mine.  Bill's has a spare printer, the mailing supplies left from the eBay business and a whole lot of junk.  I try to stay away from his side, it makes my skin crawl not to be able to organize it!  My side of the closet is neater.  It has our winter/storm supplies (enough canned food to last a few days in case of ice storms or power outages), some misc. first aid stuff, Otter's & my sewing stuff and my Yarn Stash.  Some of the Stash was on the floor, in the picnic basket and a couple of tote bags.  It's now all on the shelf.  Still in the yaffa crates, picnic basket and several tote bags.  I knew I had a lot of yarn, but I didn't realize just how much I actually have!  I'm nearly through with the prayer shawl I've been working on, I got a lot done on it yesterday.  I have another project which is intended to be a de-stash.  I'm going to make 4 throw pillow covers for the living room.  That won't actually take all that much yarn, but it will be a quick project.  I need a quick project, after the prayer shawl.  I started the first pillow cover yesterday.  I can make the covers without actually having the pillow forms, they will be the same size as the other ones I've made.  The Dr. Who scarf is an ongoing project, it will take me a looooooooooooooooong time because I'm not in a hurry.  Also, Bill's blanket is still waiting.  It's probably going to wait awhile, I don't really like to work on big projects like blankets in the middle of the summer.  I'd prefer to wait until it's cooler because the blanket is big and warm.  Not what I want covering me up in the hot weather!  I frogged the crocheted piece I bought for 79 cents at the thrift store last week, it was actually quite a big of yarn.  Nearly a full skein, in fact.  It will go on the blanket.

I have a roast in the oven.  Today's title was originally going to be Sunday Pot Roast, but I changed my mind.  The dogs are haunting the kitchen, they got a tiny taste of beef which made them happy.  But they know that there is more in the oven, and once the roast cooks enough that they can smell it they won't leave the kitchen.  They are funny.  And also very predictable!

The hamster also got a treat, Otter occasionally gives her pieces of carrot and today she got carrot & celery.  Very spoiled little furball!  But that's the way it's supposed to be, isn't it?

Bill is a happy boy today.  He just got another pachinko machine!  He posts an ad on Craigslist every so often that he's looking for one and he usually gets answers.  Sometimes, the person is not realistic - they are not rare and they are not valuable antiques and they are not worth 100's of dollars!  Most of the time, people come to their senses and are willing to be realistic.  Today's was one of those times.  Bill's always polite about it, but he has what we refer to as the Pachinko Value lesson that he gives people.  Sometimes, they will decide to keep it but pay him to fix whatever is wrong with it.  He's done that a couple of times, that Electronics Engineer degree has come in handy! :)

I have a nice little bruise on my arm from the flu shot.  It's not big, but it is noticeable.  And it's not sore any longer.  I didn't sleep too well Friday night, Bill said I was restless.  I didn't feel too good yesterday, not as bad as I have sometimes felt after the shot but not the best either.  Today, I felt pretty good when we got up but now I'm back to not feeling 100%.  But today could well be allergy.  Otter's arm is not sore any longer, that's about the extent of the reaction she normally has.

I'm in the market for a small bookshelf.  Bill's been using the sofa table that is in front of the window in the living room as his indoor pachinko repair center.  It works very well, it's just the right size and - more importantly - it's an area that is easy to keep clean and decluttered.  That's the important part, with the Engineer.  But we've always stacked our (many) library books on the corner and sometimes (most times) we have way too many books for the small corner space.  I decided yesterday that I should probably just get a small bookshelf.  I've measured and it will fit just perfectly between the sofa table and the back door.  The books will be out of Bill's way, and we should (hopefuly anyway) be able to keep them organzed because we make frequent trips to the library.  And then we get mixed up on which books are due when.  Or at least that is the plan, anyway.

While Bill and I were out picking up his newest toy, we went to a thrift store.  Didn't really find much.  But it was still fun, I hadn't been to this particular one in several weeks.

It was a busy week, not any one thing in particular, just busy.  This coming week doesn't look quite so busy, but I've learned not to say that so we'll just pretend that I didn't.

Monday tomorrow.  Back to the real world!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate dishes more that I hate laundry. The part I don't like about laundry is putting up the clothes.
How many Pachinko machines does he have now?
I cleaned out my desk today and got rid of a lot of papers. My desk looks a whole lot better. The pillow covers sound like a great idea.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I agree, the part that's so bad about laundry is having to put it all up!
Bill has somewhere around 25 machines - and is possibly getting another one tonight (Tuesday).

Anonymous said...

So his stash is larger than yours?
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Yes! I like that! He says that my stash is bigger, but his is much bigger. We did go get the other one tonight.