Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Steak

Anybody care to guess what we're having for dinner tonight?  And also the standard baked potatos.

Busy week.  Looks like next week could be just as busy.  We don't plan it, it just happens sometimes. :)  The school district Bill works for will start classes tomorrow, he knows that it will be a busy week.  The end of the month is always busy for me at work.  Otter's just busy because she's back in school.

Otter enjoyed the movie last night, she might do a review here eventually.  She said it was very funny.  BF took her to Fuddrucker's for dinner after the movie.

We went to Wallyworld just now.  I have been trying not to buy yarn lately, unless I need it for a specific project.  But Wallyworld was my downfall.  I came home with three skeins and Bill commented that he could see I'd bought yarn.  My answer to him was to ask him about that pachinko machine we just picked up this afternoon!  And about the one he got last Thursday. :)

In my defense, the yarn I bought today is a color I've been thinking about getting but didn't have a project for yet.  But WalMart had it on clearance, so I had to buy it.  It's the law of crochet, and probably knitting as well, when yarn is on sale YOU HAVE TO BUY IT.  It really is a color I've been looking at a lot.  But I was trying to be strong.  Not today! :)  Also, I can always come up with a project (as if I need an excuse to buy yarn) quickly.  Froggy, I'm sure you understand although in your case it is fabric and quilting supplies.

I probably should get out my stash again and take more pictures.  But, this time I think I'll get all of it - it wasn't all in the last pictures.  And I've added to it since then.

I think I'm going backwards, in my efforts to de-stash.  Well, I know I am.  But I'm not complaining.  It's a sickness, I know.  But I don't want to be cured.  I don't think it is curable, anyway!

Otter thinks she needs to stage a yarn intervention.  But I'll just have to remind her about the huge amount of craft supplies she has, which has taken over her room as well as sharing space on the shelves & workbenches in the garage.  Two can play that game!  :)

We won't even discuss the number of pachinko machines that Willieboy has.  Unless he wants to talk yarn amounts, that is.

Bill was going to mow the lawn today, but it's really too warm.  So he put it off for a few days.  The yard isn't that bad, it could stand a mowing but it's ok if it doesn't get it for a while.  We could use some more rain.  But I don't think that we're supposed to get any soon.  I haven't looked at a forecast, but I don't think that there is any rain anticipated any time soon.

I'm watching Frasier again.  The spot on his foot seems to have gotten bigger and he's chewing at it again.  It also looks like the skin is broken a little on the top, but that's probably from his teeth.  I have to keep an eye on it for specific changes and then we might have to take him to the vet about it.  Maggie Moo has to get shots next month anyway and I want to get them heart-worm tested since it's been a couple of years.  They've been on the preventative for it, but it's a good idea to get them tested every so often.  Also, Maggsters will need to get her behind squished again.  Which I'm sure will just please her so much (not).  And Fraiser will also have to put up with the vet inspecting his ears.  He's pretty good about it, he's used to it.  But Maggie will never accept that fact that her rear end needs squishing!

We have 4 hummingbirds at the moment.  I had to refill two feeders yesterday.  I got buzzed by a hummer when I was taking down one of the feeders, I don't think she was happy with me.  I noticed that as soon as I got the feeder up and got out of the way, she was back at it.  I only have three feeders up but there are four birds.  We've also seen a lot of dragonflies lately.  The advantage to hot & dry weather is that there are less skeeters to deal with.  But more flies!

We also don't have many morning glories.  I was thinking it was because of the lack of rain, but most of them are dead or on their way.  However, we've been watering them.  Bill thinks that there is something infecting them and I realized that the ones that died are all in the area where I planted the new seeds.  So it might be that the seeds had some infection.  We'll see what happens with them.  As soon as it's cool enough, I'm going to get out there and rip out all the vines.

Also, as soon as we see tulip bulbs in the store we're going to grab several packages.  It was about this time last year that we got so busy with the rent house becoming vacant and getting it ready to sell, and by the time we got finished up with it and had time - the tulips bulbs were all gone.  Although we did have them come up again this year, they don't normally come back more than one year so we are going to be sure to get bulbs this time.  It's a little early yet, but they'll be stocked within a few weeks.

Then we'll get the tulip bed ready so we can plant them in about November.  At that point, all we will have to do is sit back and enjoy the winter.

Winter.  Cold.  Soon?

No comments: