Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday Weeds

As in Ragweed.  And Johnson Grass, I think it's a weed as well.

Bill mowed the back yard just now.  He wouldn't let me help him this time, so I got out my leather gloves and pulled weeds.  The Johnson Grass gets tall fast, and it's gone for the moment now.  It will be back, it always comes back.

There was some ragweed, it was up against the house behind the iris plants.  It's gone now, too.

Then I had to immediately run to the shower, because if I didn't I probably wouldn't have any skin left.  Because I'd have scratched it all off!

I really hate ragweed.

It's been really nice the last couple of days, Monday was hot but Tuesday and today have been nice.  Cool the last couple of mornings, it was in the 60's last night and this morning really felt like Fall is close.  Hard to believe that it's already the end of August.  September is just next week.  Wow.

That means that Winter isn't far behind.  Wow, again.

We have some firewood, probably about a rick.  But we usually use more than that, so we'll start getting more in soon.  We try not to wait until we need it, it's best to get it well before it's needed.  It's one of those things where the price gets raised as soon as the weather gets cold, especially if it gets icy.  So we don't wait.

Guess I'd better make sure we have plenty of marshmallows as well.  We'll need those.  And graham crackers.  And miniature Hershey bars.

As long as I have my 'smore supplies, we'll be prepared for cold weather! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. September can be a hot month here. We are almost in stage one water restrictions and have a burn ban in effect. I had all this typed out and then Kid3's cat came and got between me and the monitor and somehow erased everything. He is now laying down and purring. He misses kid3. Froggy