Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Shopping Part 2

Bill couldn't come up with a use for the Sears gift card - actually he didn't have time to go to Sears - so he gave it back to me.  Otter and I went to Sears today, since the card was only good for a week starting today.  She found another t-shirt and I got socks.  For a total of just over $2.00, since the card was for $10.00.  Pretty good deal, actually!  This is the shirt she got, it looks really good on her.  The eyes seem to glow, they are luminous.  It's the Cheshire Cat from the recent Alice in Wonderland movie.



We also went to Michael's.  And, as much as I wanted to check the yarn out, I managed to stay away from that side of the store completely.  Otter is taking an art class this year and needed a specific type of sketch book, as well as ebony pencils.  Michael's had what she wanted, and that was the last of the supplies she needs for this year.  At this point anyway, there may be more things later for specific assignments but that's not a big deal.

We bought her a new umbrella Friday, since we might eventually get rain.  Sometime.  Maybe.  Fall actually can be pretty wet in this part of NE OK.  She had an umbrella last year but it didn't survive the school year.  She has also requested rain boots.  We haven't seen them in the store yet, except for Sears and we didn't want to pay nearly $40.00 for a pair of rain boots.

We had a chance of rain today, it was supposed to be rainy off and on all day.  But beyond about 6 drops of rain on the car window this morning, nothing yet.  I cleaned out my rain barrel last week, it was just about empty and what was left was a very bright, almost flourescent, green.  It's waiting to be refilled, it just needs rain.

I think we're going to get our flu shots towards the end of next week, around the 27th.  We'll still be earlier than we have been before, but only by about a month.  If for some reason Walgreen's runs out, we'll wait until the Visiting Nurse Association starts theirs, which will be around October 1.  I'd just really like to get it over with so we don't have to worry about it later.  Or about not being able to get it later on because of Fall allergies!

I got quite a bit of crochet done yesterday on the latest prayer shawl.  I started it Friday evening and got the first row done, yesterday I got 2 more rows done and part of another.  It's turning out nicely and the yarn is absolutely lovely.  I'll post pictures on the craft blog when it's done, it is a fast project but it's also a fairly big one so it will take me a little while.  I don't always have time during the week to sit and crochet.  But we'll watch a little tv tonight and I'll probably work on it then.

We watch Ice Road Truckers which might be on the History Channel, I can't remember!  We also watch a show called Top Shot, which is a shooting competition and it's on after Ice Road.

Otter and I also went to the library today while we were out.  We frequently do that on Sunday afternoons, the big library is open on Sundays.  We both found lots of books, they have added new crochet books to their shelves and that was a nice surprise.  One of the books I got was on crocheted pot holders, Froggy.  Just in case you might be interested in that fact!  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try target for rain boots. I got mine there, if you order online try a size or two smaller. They run large.
KN3

Otter Mom said...

We probably will look at Target or Wally for rain boots, it's still a little early for them to be in the stores. The ones at Sears were the first we've seen this year.