Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Anticipation

We're anticipating either a) no snow/ice/winter and everything proceeds as normal tomorrow; b) snow/ice/winter and I still have to get out to take the kid to College tomorrow which will mean that I'll go on to work since they are pretty close together; or c) everything is shut down and we stay home to keep the dogs company in front of the fireplace.

I'm expecting it to be b), but it could be any of the above.

It is pretty cold today, it was sunny earlier but it never got past the mid-30's and now it's cloudy again.  The temperature is dropping.  The forecasted front is on it's way, the forecast at the moment is that we will have snow starting sometime after about 10 p.m. and continuing all night.  Snow itself isn't necessarily a problem.  It's the possible ice that is an issue.

Either way, we're bringing the bird feeders in tonight in case we do have something white & cold.  Then, they'll be filled at taken out in the morning.  As I've previously stated, Frasier is smart and I don't put it past him to figure out how to get them off the table.  I've had enough experiences in cleaning up after a dog that got sick because it ate too much birdseed!

We went to a nearby town this morning after church.  In search of a pachinko machine!  The owner of a flea market where we've shopped at before called Bill because he had a machine, so we went to look.  It was $125, which is nearly 3 times what Bill was willing to pay.  The owner actually called from out of state, and the lady who was running to store in his place said that he'd probably go down to about $100.  Bill has one like it already, he paid $40 for it and it was in slightly better shape.  So, he passed on this one.  But, what I expect to happen is that he'll hear from the owner again in the near future and the price will have been dropped.  That's happened a couple of times.

We had hamburgers for lunch today.  They were what I call "old fashioned" burgers.  I had to actually fry them on the stove, because my Foreman grill quit!  It went out in the middle of cooking, so most of the grease had already drained out.  I'm not sure if I'm going to replace it any time soon.  We do use it, but I think that they cost a little more than they are worth.  This is the 2nd one we've worn out, and it took something like 7 years for this one.  I bought it at a garage sale for $10 so we definitely got our money's worth out of it.  If I see one cheap enough at a thrift store or yard sale, I might get it.  We will probably replace it eventually.  I don't mind paying a little more for things, but the Foreman grills are pretty expenseive for what you are getting.

Otter and I ran a couple of errands also, we went to the dollar store (where it was apparently screaming unwatched bratty child day) and were heading to the Wallyworld next door to it because we needed milk.  But the Wally parking lot was pretty full so we went up the street to a grocery store.  Which was a little busier than normal for a Sunday afternoon as well.  I'm thinking that a lot of people remember last February, which is still being referred to as Snowmageddon.

Whatever, we're prepared.  But then, the Borg Queen always is.

Resistance is Futile, y'all!  (Yes, the Borg Queen is a TEXAN!)

No comments: