Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap (Year) Day!


Photo posted especially for Froggy!

Leap Year is confusing.  February is a busy month for me, I have so much stuff at work that has to be done at certain times and on certain days and then February comes along and rearranges everything!  Leap Days make February even stranger.  It's still fun, just confusing!

Bill and I were discussing Leap Year this morning.  Otter's birth year was not a Leap Year, but the next year was.  If it had been Leap Year when she was expected, I firmly believe that Billyboy would have had me out running laps or doing strenuous excercise in an attempt to bring on labor so she'd be born on Feb. 29th!  However, he had to be content with hoping for April Fools Day.  She was born the day before April Fool's Day, which was not a bad thing.  He'd have gotten a lot of mileage out of an April Fool's Day baby, but I did an end-run around him and had her the day before. :)

Speaking of Otter, yesterday's comment about how she'd never had a "real" hamburger at home was meant to be jokey.  But I don't think it came across that way.  The cooking part was not a joke, I started teaching her when she was tiny (teeeeiiiny in Texasspeak) and she's pretty much able to cook everything.  But she really had never cooked a "real" hamburger!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the picture. I got the hamburger comment was a joke. Froggy