Sunday, February 26, 2012

Twisty Sunday

No, not the kind of Twisties that this area of OK is known for!

I'm referring to twisty ties.  The little plastic strips with thin wire inside, that are found on all sorts of things from bread wrappers to tortilla packages and just about everything else.

I hate twisty ties.  They are just one more piece of not-necessary to have to deal with.  I usually take them off of whatever they are on and toss them in the trash.  Bread wrappers can be twisted closed and wrapped back underneath the loaf, and the same goes for the tortilla packages.  In fact, just about everything can be closed without twisty ties.

(There is a point to this).

We've been meaning to pull the refrigerator out so we could replace the water filter we use on the ice maker.  We moved into this house in 2004, and the filter has been on the ice maker ever since.  We figured it was probably past time to change it.  So, we went to Lowe's this morning and bought a new one.  My plan was to clean behind/underneath the fridge when Bill had it pulled out.  It was pretty dirty.  Lots of dog hair, a few magnets, several stray pieces of pasta and just general dirt.  And about 40 million twisty ties!  Multi-colored ones, ones that I have never, ever seen/used!  I guess that they have had their revenge for me throwing away all the ones I come across.  Not that it's going to stop me, I really don't like the things.  But multi-colored ones?  I have no idea whatsoever where they came from.

 While I was at it, I also cleaned out from underneath the stove.  Instead of Bill pulling it out, I grabbed sock from Frasier's pile and put it over the end of a yard stick.  Then I just slid the yard stick underneath the stove and found even more dog hair.  Along with a piece of cereal, broken glass, a pretzel and what might have been a potato chip in another life.

Bill is thinking he might have to mow the weeds in the back yard.  There is some grass growing, but we also have a healthy crop of chickweed.  It's pretty, little purple flowers.  But it's still a weed and it spreads "like a weed."  After he gets finished, Otter and I are going to spread yarn pieces out for the birds.  The are starting to collect nesting material, and yarn was a very popular item last year judging from what we saw in the nests we had.  I guess the birds want to be multi-colored, too!

No comments: