Tuesday, February 07, 2012

We Made It This Year!

We managed to get to McDonald's this year, for the one time we will willingly eat their food.  It's their annual fundraiser for the local Ronald McDonald House.  We didn't make it last year, we were snowed/iced in and couldn't even get out of the driveway.  But they still managed to raise a good amount last year, even with the blizzard.  The one we went to today was very crowded, it's a big deal for them and most people in the area support it.

We had our cheeseburger/hamburgers (tiny!) for dinner and splurged:  I had fries!  The rest, because we buy a lot for this, are in the fridge and will probably find their way to Bill's lunch box over the next couple of days.

Froggy, Frasier has no comment to your comment about his socks.  He's trying to ignore them.  He's being a bit of an ostrich at the moment.  But it won't work!  He'll probably be wearing them again soon.  Recently, Bill cleaned out his rag bag and we found a whole bunch of socks that Otter wore years ago.  They are way too small for her now, but they are the perfect size for Frasier.  So he's got quite a variety of colors and styles, should he feel the need to wear them. :)

Maggie has zero interest in them, but then she doesn't seem interested in chewing on herself.  Except for her feet, but that's part of their normal grooming.  Besides, she seems to like being dressed up so she'd probably not complain.

Otter and I had our Girls Lunch today.  We try to do that at least once a month, I picked her up at college (she only has class in the morning on Tuesday) and we went to Cici's Pizza this time.  Then, I dropped her off at the library and got her when I got off work.  She had several hours and she got several books!  But she'd have found a boatload of books even if she just had a few minutes, she's got it down to an art form.

We have a chance of the "s" word tonight.  The chances are slim, but they forecasters don't usually know much anyway.  I don't expect that we'll get any, although the fact that they said a slim chance has me concerned.  I cleaned the fireplace out this afternoon, which I would have done anyway, and I (as always) have plenty of milk, etc. on hand.  So, we are prepared.  But in all probability, we won't have anything.

I hope not, anyway!  I think we're all still remembering last year's blizzard and I really don't think anybody at all is in a hurry for another round.  At least we're not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get the white stuff? Froggy

Otter Mom said...

No,and nobody is upset about it.