Friday, February 03, 2012

Friday. Raining.

At least it isn't snowing!

For some reason, I'm having problems typing.  I have been mis-typing all day,   It was one of those days where I wish I'd stayed in bed with the covers over my head.  At least as far as work went.  Major Stress Fairy visitation!  I was so glad when 3:30 rolled around...

Anyway.

It's been raining off and on today.  It was supposed to start late last night, but it didn't get here until around 9:00 this morning.  It's been periods of hard rain followed by periods of light rain followed by a very intense & loud thunderstorm followed by periods of hard rain followed by periods of light rain...  We do need the rain, but it always seemed to start getting really hard whenever I had to walk outside.  It would quit while I was in the car, office or Wally on my lunch hour.  But then it would start up again as soon as I was outside or out of the car.

Well, my two surprise bluebonnets are probably happy.  And also the tulips and daffodils, which are already beginning to sprout.

When I dropped Otter off at school this morning, the resident flock of geese was waiting.  They were all standing more or less in a row, on the sidewalk, like they were watching a parade.  Well, I guess they were - all the cars coming in and leaving!  Those geese are evil anyway, from what Otter tells me.  But they are also entertaining.

I did have a post up yesterday, about how I thought that the Susan Komen Foundation made the right decision in pulling their funding from one of the murder providers.  But they gave in and caved to the pressure today, so I took it down.  The murder provider claims that they used the funding for mammograms and for breast cancer treatment.  Except that that particular place did not and does not provide those services - what they do is refer women to other places that actually do provide the specific services.  But they claim the credit!

Anything to pretend that they are not what they really are:  a murder factory.

No comments: