Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lots to Say, Not Much to Say

I am not going to get political this time.  But it's coming.  And it will mostly deal with the collosal mistake I think the SCOTUS made today.  I have so much I want to say about it, and a few other things, but I have to let it percolate for a while so I can get my thoughts in order.  It is no secret, never has been and never will be, that we are a Conservative family.  We will stay that way.  Although the word "conservative" by itself probably does not even begin to explain just how far right-wing we are.  I've heard (and used) the word "Ultra-Conservative" describing us and it's pretty apt.  But maybe not even strong enough, in all honesty.

All that is to say, when I do post my thoughts - if you don't agree, that's your right.  We (still, for the moment anyway) have the right to our own opinions.  Comments might or might not be accepted, that will be determined later.

OK, enough of that.  For now.

T-1 day until vacation!  The Teenager keeps asking me if I'm all caught up, since I'm going to be gone next week.  I'm pretty much always caught up, it's not a particularly busy office.  Even on the times when it is busy, I'm generally able to stay caught up.  In fact, I'm generally ahead of things and especially when I'm getting ready to be gone.  Today was a b.o.r.i.n.g. day.  Among other things, I swept the kitchen.  I also made sure that the copier & fax machine are filled with paper, the hand soap dispensers in the bathrooms & kitchen are full, there are plenty of paper towels in the dispensers in both bathrooms and the kitchen, and (most important for the Teenager!) that both bathrooms are fully stocked with toilet paper.  Yesterday, I fed & watered all the plants, as well as topping off the indoor fountain that is in the atrium.  Today, I vacuumed a few spots.  Tomorrow, I'll run the dishwasher early (it takes us a week to fill it since it's just coffee cups) and I'll probably get the trash out of the office cans and into the garage.  I'll also water the "garden" where the Teenager has one cherry tomato plant, 2 jalepeno plants and 2 other peppers that I can't remember the name of.  I've paid every bill that was due and all the ones due next week and I finished up what little filing I had yesterday.  I'm going to be alternating between bored stiff and putting out last-minute fires tomorrow.

Almost none of that is actually office work, but it's not exactly a normal office!  It's generally a fun one, it's just a little different.

Otter and I were going to the library this afternoon.  But she got a better offer.  She's off with HP this afternoon, they were going to get fast food for lunch and then go see the movie Brave.  Which I want to see, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get there anytime soon.  We might possibly go see a movie next week, maybe Men In Black III.  Or maybe not, we're not planning much in the way of specifics.

OK, that's it for now.

No comments: