Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Stuff I Did Today



I think I might have been the first voter for my precinct.  There are two that vote where I do, and it was an interesting experience.  The guy checking to make sure everyone was in the right place at first thought I was supposed to be somewhere else.  Then he realized that he was looking at the wrong number on my voter's id - and he's a paid employee!  I finally get my ballot, mark all my candidates and then have to ask where the machine is to turn it in.  Takes them a while to figure it out - even though it was pretty obvious, once someone pointed it out to them.  OK, I insert my ballot and then watch as it gets spit back out.  I asked what I was supposed to do at that point, and they told me to pull it out since they are legally prevented from touching someone else's ballot and to re-insert it.  Which I did.  3 or 4 times!  Eventually, the paid employee realized that there were two precincts and that each had their own machine - the one I needed was almost hidden as it was way in the corner.  Inserted it in the machine, and it was accepted.  After all that, I forgot to see what number I was but I'm thinking that I was probably the first person for my precinct.  We used to vote in one spot, then it was moved to another spot where we voted two or three times.  Then, the election board decided that it was time for another round of musical chairs and we are now voting in the third place in 6 years.

I met Bill for lunch today.  We went to our favorite Tex-Mex place.  I didn't over do it, but I'm still kind of stuffed from lunch so I might not be interested in dinner any time soon.

Otter and I watered the morning glories this morning, before I went off to play find-the-voting-machine, and I realized that the rain barrel is starting to get low.  It was pretty full, but we've been using it a lot.  Especially since it's started getting H.O.T. so early.

I didn't gripe about the weather today.  I actually kind of like the heat, when it's not humid.  Today was warm but not humid, so it was not a griping day.

That's about the extent of my exciting day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do otter and billyboy vote?
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

They couldn't vote in this election, it was a Primary and in OkBACKWARDSlahoma, only registered part members can vote in primaries. Which is why I'm not the Independent that I really am but registered with the R on my voter's registration. They can vote in the next stage, unless it's a run-off between 2 R's or 2 D's - which is happening in August and I can vote then. They have to wait until November.