Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thirsty Thursday

I'm kind of thirsty.  We had chili for dinner.  With the Hot rotel and Hot variety of chili beans.  I used at least 1/2 cup of chili powder, but it honestly might have been closer to 3/4 cup.  It was hot!  And delicious.  But now, I'm thirsty.  My mouth was on fire for a while, but that's now stopped.  I'm not complaining!  It was very good.  Also, it was made with beef this time since Bill gave blood at work today.  I thought he could probably use a little protein and iron.  And jalepenos!

I found a few of Bill's things on my shelves in the garage.  Such as the pressure canner he uses when he's casting small parts for the pachinko machines.  They have been removed from trespassing in my space, and are now on the work bench/desk formerly known as Otter's workbench.  I'm going to do a little more cleaning out/organizing/de-cluttering on my shelves in the next several days.  And anything of Bill's will be removed!  Otter's happy, because we found all the glitter.  It was hidden on my shelves.  Now, it's in her room on her shelves and she's happy to have one of her main craft supply items within reach.  I'm sure that there are more things of hers out there, but she might not have any room for them.  I'm also sure that Bill's got stuff of his hidden on my shelves, but that will be remedied soon.  And then, maybe, I might, possibly, get to my ifIevergetaroundtoitoneofthesedays mosaic project!  (Don't hold your breath.)

I haven't seen any more evilfirebugdeneziensofhell in a couple of days.  At least, not at home.  There were a few of them starting a nest right outside the front door at work, but they got sprayed today.  It's now become one of my crusades to rid the world of as many of those things as I can!

It rained this morning.  It wasn't a long rain, but it was nice.  I spent a few minutes out on the deck before I left for work.  It was cool and cloudy.  Then shortly after I left for work, it started raining.  It was a nice rain, and we could use more of it.  It quit shortly before I got to work.

I managed to get a little crochet done on my lunch hour.  I'm working on a couple of UFO's, I'm starting back on the scarf-turned-lap-blanket.  I'm going to get back on my scrap yarn pillow cover, but that one has to wait until I've finished up a few other things since it's being made with yarn pieces that are too small to do anything else with.

One more work day and then one work week until we are on vacation!  It's a stay at home vacation, not a staycation - I dislike that word.  Our plans include the doll house refurbishment we planned for a year ago, a trip to the zoo, making pizza and whatever else we feel like at the time.  Probably lots of crochet for me.

Guess that's it for today.  Chili and crochet.  It was a good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet there will be some shopping during your vacation, probably at the thrift stores. I am going to see if there are any thrift stores in this area. I know that there are a lot in Austin. This week is unpacking, and next week is exploring the area and seeing what is here. We already found the library, now we need to find the quilt store and thrift stores. We found the Restore store and it has some good deals. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I always enjoyed that part of moving, finding all the fun things in the area.