Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday's Buzz

I have developed a pathological hatred of wasps.  Yellow jackets are a type of wasp.  They are not bees.  I like bees, even the big bumble bees.  Any bee can sting, but they usually don't unless they feel very threatened.  Even bumble bees give you a warning!  They usually fly at your face, sometimes they run into you, but they very seldom sting without warning.

Not wasps.

I'm firmly convinced that they have no other reason to exist, beyond finding a human and making his/her life miserable for as long as they can!

We (ok, Bill) killed the nest on the back fence that I found yesterday - the one that probably had the evilfiredevilmonster that stung Otter.  He killed the two nests underneath the lean-to.  We did not dunk the windchimes, because upon closer inspection it was obvious that they were not builing inside of it.  However, they were flying into it. 

 But they weren't coming out!  So, that is obviously where the portal to Hell is, because they are going somewhere!


When Otter and I got home this afternoon, we discovered another nest starting on the front porch!

I think I'm going to have to go buy another can of spray.  We had the can we've been using for years, we've never needed it.  Now, in the space of a about a week I think we've emptied it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bill Froggy