Thursday, June 07, 2012

Thursday Already?

I've noticed something strange lately.  Weeks that are short, such as those with 3-day weekends, seem to creep by.  But full weeks?  They have raced by lately.

Not that I'm complaing!  It's been a crazy week.  And I'm really glad that tomorrow is Friday.  It just seems like it should only be about Wednesday for some reason.

I started crocheting another cap for Bill last night.  I'd made him a 2nd one a while back, it was green.  I made it with the same directions, yarn type, hook, etc. as all the other ones.  But it didn't come out right.  Then I noticed that all the ones after that one were also off.  Shape, mostly but also in size a bit.  Then I realized that my arms had been hurting for a while, and it was probably when the tendonitis was starting.  So, I took a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong crochet break and then I started to get back into it slowly.  Bill's green hat was either frogged out or donated, I think it was in the donate pile but I don't really remember.  I make a lot of things and then donate them, so that's probably where it went.  Actually, I think I made and remade it two or three times.  There was a point to this, what was it?  Oh yeah!  I started another green hat for him last night.  With the same pattern and yarn size, but with a smaller hook.  The cap pattern calls for a slightly larger hook than my normal one, which is what I made all the rest (good and bad) with.  But I'm using my favorite hook, which is a size G instead of a size H.  I got about halfway through it last night, but then I got busy with dinner and never quite got back to it.  I was planning on getting back on it tonight, but I think I'm going to wait a day or so.  I was very busy at work, and some of it was physically busy - lifting stuff, dragging a trash can that probably weighs more than I do to the curb, etc., and my arms are a little sore.  Along with my back!  So I might not get back to the cap until Saturday.

I also (finally, after months and months of putting it off) got my pattern binder organized.  I have a lot of patterns that I got off the internet, I'm on all sorts of email lists for crochet-related stuff and there are usually lots of patterns with those.  I have patterns that came out of books.  I have patterns that are given away at most stores in the yarn department.  I have patterns I created.  BQ finally decided that enough was enough, and I got it organized last night.  I cleaned out a bunch of duplicates and stuff I either didn't like or had made and wasn't impressed with.  But I still have a very large, 3" I think, plastic binder that is filled to the point of almost being too full.  I have another binder of the same size, it's just waiting until it's needed.  I use plastic sleeves to hold the patterns, most sleeves have two patterns in them.  I had forgotten about a lot of patterns that I had, and now I have all sorts of projects planned.

Now, I just need several days of uninterrupted time and for my tendonitis to cooperate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to organize my quilt patterns. Right now I have them in storage and in a couple of different pattern boxes. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I tried a couple of different things before settling on the 3-ring binder. Mine are sorted by type: Wearables, toys, household such as dishcloths, etc.